Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2012, 02:11 PM   #521
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryelands View Post
<ekits@luckit.biz>

While I'm here, how can I order a WaveIO board?
email lucien @ <ekits@luckit.biz>
or check out the site.
Old 26th March 2012, 04:31 PM   #522
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryelands View Post
The "circuits@home" board using the ADuM4160 chip definitely works at 96KHz on a Mac. See post 262 and others here:
yes, i think that is the problem with 16 or 24bit. Today i tried a "no name" product and there is the same. :-(
Old 26th March 2012, 04:50 PM   #523
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

USB 1.1 is always capable of 96kHz afaik
Old 26th March 2012, 05:18 PM   #524
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to UnixMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
@ UnixMan: With all the respect I want to remember you that THIS thread is called: "XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface". Is something in your last statement that has anything to do with the XMOS chip itself or the XMOS reference design... the base of WaveIO card?
Lorien, I was talking about an open-source UAC2 ASIO driver.

The current version of that driver have been developed for and tested with another unrelated card, but both that card and the driver are trying to comply with the UAC2 standard. As XMOS is also supposed to do. Thus that driver (perhaps with some minor modifications) should eventually work also with XMOS.

If you're not interested in a possible alternative (and open-sourced) ASIO driver that may work for YOUR card, that's another story. But my post was well in-topic.
Old 26th March 2012, 06:41 PM   #525
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

I must admit that when I look at the open-source driver there seems to be a lot of hardware involved. It seems like a competitor but perhaps I am missing something. If linux and mac support WaveIO and need no driver and windows has a driver that is freely available to end users, who might use that open-source driver with WaveIO?
Old 27th March 2012, 02:56 AM   #526
diyAudio Member

The point UnixMan is making is that the software stack developed for that hardware could with some contributions be made to support other hardware that is also UAC2 compliant.

A driver that supports UAC2 and is not restricted to specific hardware is something that in my opinion should be valued by the microsoft users, your operating system vendor has not provided such a piece of software yet and seems to show no intention of doing so. I am not familiar with the particular license on the xmos driver but the choice being there is something I think would be terrific!

I have not read the xmos license but the fact is that the driver for windows comes with some terms of use, it is not free in the open source sense of the word. Though I understand that some of those freedoms that an open source user generally values is not always a high priority for a windows user.

My preference is always to chose freedom if I have a choice.

/end rant - I'm off to keep growing my beard/hair in a vain attempt to be more like rms or Papa.

Last edited by hochopeper; 27th March 2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:03 PM   #527
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
The point UnixMan is making is that the software stack developed for that hardware could with some contributions be made to support other hardware that is also UAC2 compliant.

A driver that supports UAC2 and is not restricted to specific hardware is something that in my opinion should be valued by the microsoft users, your operating system vendor

My preference is always to chose freedom if I have a choice.

/end rant
I appreciate Unixman's point. Windows is not my OS, I run XP, Linux, and Apple boxes at home. I love freedom. Sorry you felt you needed to rant :-)
Old 27th March 2012, 03:41 PM   #528
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to morpheous
@lucien Could you send me the price for Italy

Francesco.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:37 AM   #529
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to yammy1688 Send a message via MSN to yammy1688
Default Updated WDM drivers?

Hi Lorien,

Wondering if there were any updated WDM drivers for this? Once in a while, WDM audio starts to stutter and lag, slowing everything down. If I unplug and plug the usb cable this fixes it.

ASIO functions fine.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:50 AM   #530
diyAudio Member

At last, a problem.

"The Thesycon suite also includes an ASIO driver so do not run your new device through any of the after market ASIO drivers like ASIO4ALL as it will cause a conflict in which nothing will work."

Whose ASIO functions fine?

Hide this!Advertise here!