XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 46 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th March 2012, 02:26 PM   #451
abanico is offline abanico  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default power supply

The AMB power supply is to feed the waveio threw an umbilical cord .A LT1083-5 regulator placed close to the card is the normal choice ,capacity can be much higher and there is no need of crc + isolation transformer.
DPC Latency Checker .check the computer for red spikes .
JRiver Media Center 17 In Detail | Computer Audiophile is my favorite player.
Old 12th March 2012, 11:43 PM   #452
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
Do remove the Trident from the Dac's VDD_XO circuit. If you don't have the Trident on your Dac then simply remove the ferite bead that controls the VDD_XO which is located on the underpad (L8)mmm not sure it's that one so follow the trace.... which should disconnect the onboard Crystek .

Now locate your R17 pads on buffaloII ? when looking at the Dac with the twisted pear logos facing upright., you locate the right pad from the 2 R17pads to connect your MCLK live wire only, from WaveIO, then you use the ground wire from your MCLK and connect to left pad of R17 .All your I2S connections from WaveIO to buffaloII will be as short and similar lenght as possible .
hope that helps to synchronize and do convey your results please .
regards
rol
What part number did you use as uBNC to solder on the R17 pads?

Thanks
Do
Old 13th March 2012, 11:38 AM   #453
reo is offline reo  Canada
diyAudio Member

I took the easy road sorta, i could not find a suitable part number so i connected a extra http://ro.farnell.com/productimages/...1688065-40.jpg that i had on hand to the WaveI/O J5's MCLK, and connected the other end using the center pin with snug fit wire lead then soldered it to the right + pad of the R17, and soldered the other R17 - pad with yet another wire which then connects to the ground of the incoming MCLK .
If more specs, are required then you will have to come over and visualize my setup ,
regards
rol.
Old 13th March 2012, 06:27 PM   #454
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

cheapest is molex but i use hirose

amphenol is a good middle ground
Old 13th March 2012, 06:35 PM   #455
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
cheapest is molex but i use hirose

amphenol is a good middle ground
Thanks Qusp!

For that price I don't see why I would use the cheaper ones... It's a bargain!

A guess when you buy thousands of those, this is where you start cutting!
Old 13th March 2012, 06:55 PM   #456
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

no problem. pinnocchio

true, you can save a bit (about 30%) on the cables by buying the cheaper brands like Emerson and TE vs hirose. they are branded under UMC, UMCC and u.fl as far as i can tell these are all identical. i have used emerson and TE cables on u.fl sockets along with the official u.fl type; its a common connection standard these days, there are even some high end PTFE and SPC cables around for a bit more. bloody cheap compared to audiophile or even high quality belden coax thats for sure and it does a better job; however there is only a limited number of connection/disconnection cycles you can use before performance degrades, so only connect when you have set it all up and resist fiddling.

do not be tempted by the w.fl which are thinner and higher bandwidth, but MUCH smaller and not interchangeable. these are used on the ackodac, except for mclk which is u.fl. afaik hirose are the only brand of w.fl so far; last time i looked anyway
Old 16th March 2012, 04:39 PM   #457
diyAudio Member

Do

I used these
Digi-Key - H5022-ND (Manufacturer - U.FL-2LP-088K1T-A-(100))
to connect Lucian's card to my Buffalo II

Best

Bob
Old 18th March 2012, 12:35 PM   #458
henri47 is offline henri47  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi Lucian,

News about my board? I'm waiting for 2,5 months now . Please please please send me that lovely board so I am able to finish my BuffIII
Old 18th March 2012, 01:59 PM   #459
diyAudio Member

It's ready! Yesterday I've finish it. Next Thursday I will take a day off to dispatch it to you, among others. I'll be back letting you know the tracking number of your parcel.
Cheers,
L
Old 18th March 2012, 04:39 PM   #460
henri47 is offline henri47  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Fantastic news!!! Thanks Lucian.

Hide this!Advertise here!