XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2011, 08:07 PM   #211
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
Do remove the Trident from the Dac's VDD_XO circuit. If you don't have the Trident on your Dac then simply remove the ferite bead that controls the VDD_XO which is located on the underpad (L8)mmm not sure it's that one so follow the trace.... which should disconnect the onboard Crystek .

Now locate your R17 pads on buffaloII ? when looking at the Dac with the twisted pear logos facing upright., you locate the right pad from the 2 R17pads to connect your MCLK live wire only, from WaveIO, then you use the ground wire from your MCLK and connect to left pad of R17 .All your I2S connections from WaveIO to buffaloII will be as short and similar lenght as possible .
hope that helps to synchronize and do convey your results please .
regards
rol
Does anyone have access to BII schematic and layout? As far as I can tell they are no longer on TP site. I am using PH regulators and am fuzzy what beads I removed to install them

Thanks

Bob
Old 29th November 2011, 08:21 PM   #212
reo is offline reo  Canada
diyAudio Member

hi Bob , i know what you mean about the beads , ah i looked under the Twisted Pear forum under BuffaloII in the search section under synchronous and found some info there but nothing as to which one of the beads has to come out ,didn't the ferite beads had to be romoved to install PH regulators , if so then one has posted a photo of his Dac with PH regs., showing where the master clock is connecting .
hope that helps , will try to find more info
regards
rol
ps: Twisted Pear has documentation on one of it's link on it's official site pertaining to some info on B.II

PS: the VDD_XO ferrite bead on the underside is L7.

Last edited by reo; 29th November 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 29th November 2011, 08:33 PM   #213
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
hi Bob , i know what you mean about the beads , ah i looked under the Twisted Pear forum under BuffaloII in the search section under synchronous and found some info there but nothing as to which one of the beads has to come out ,didn't the ferite beads had to be romoved to install PH regulators , if so then one has posted a photo of his Dac with PH regs., showing where the master clock is connecting .
hope that helps , will try to find more info
regards
rol
ps: Twisted Pear has documentation on one of it's link on it's official site pertaining to some info on B.II
Thanks
The manual is there but nothing else
I did remove beads to connect PH but will try to look and see what bead needs to be removed to "unpower" the clock
Old 29th November 2011, 08:35 PM   #214
diyAudio Member

That would be L7 for the VDD_XO as per buffaloII user manual .
cheers
rol
Old 29th November 2011, 08:35 PM   #215
Kovax is offline Kovax  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,

Regarding BII and Tridents and ferrites, check the page no. 9 of the following document;

http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs...ide_V1.0.5.pdf

BII schematics have not been released.
Old 29th November 2011, 08:54 PM   #216
diyAudio Member

hi Bob
Since your ferrite beads were removed to install the PH regs , you still have to remove the PH reg that controls the clock .
regards
rol
Old 29th November 2011, 11:54 PM   #217
diyAudio Member

Thanks Rol and Kovax
Old 29th November 2011, 11:56 PM   #218
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

shouldnt something other than just a piece of wire be used? 50ohms coax, u.fl mini coax, ribbon, cat6 for example
Old 30th November 2011, 12:17 AM   #219
diyAudio Member

Default I used...

U.FL mini coax for mine, a 5 CM link with a mini bnc on both ends. I was able to solder the mini bnc to the pad at R17 for the signal conductor, very carefully...
Lorien's Wave IO already has the mini bncs at the board end...
Old 30th November 2011, 12:25 AM   #220
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrows View Post
U.FL mini coax for mine, a 5 CM link with a mini bnc on both ends. I was able to solder the mini bnc to the pad at R17 for the signal conductor, very carefully...
Lorien's Wave IO already has the mini bncs at the board end...
thats what i would suggest too, easy to do

Hide this!Advertise here!