XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 205 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2014, 11:24 PM   #2041
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mBox View Post
How do I connect my I2S PCB to my DAC?
You want to install your WaveIO board inside your DAC, correct?
Old 16th April 2014, 05:39 PM   #2042
diyAudio Member

I'm kind of looking for different ways to connect the interface to my DAC. So all possible options would be welcome!
Old 16th April 2014, 09:51 PM   #2043
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mBox View Post
I'm kind of looking for different ways to connect the interface to my DAC. So all possible options would be welcome!
Please go through http://www.luckit.biz/downloads/WaveIO%20Infos.pdf and then post what specific help you need?
Old 17th April 2014, 03:31 PM   #2044
diyAudio Member

This exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
Old 1st May 2014, 08:31 AM   #2045
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,
for all interested there's a new pack of drivers for WaveIO (v2.19.0) available for downloading here. Please report if there are any problems with it.
Thank you,
L
Old 1st May 2014, 08:54 AM   #2046
Spev is offline Spev  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Lorien, is it worth fully uninstalling the previous driver or can this just be installed over the top?
Old 1st May 2014, 09:53 AM   #2047
Salomon is offline Salomon  Germany
diyAudio Member

In my experience it is very important for user who have installed the Audiophile Optimizer first to run the Service Tool and to reset all AO settings.
Then uninstall the old driver. Now it is no problem to install the new WaveIO driver.
I got this update problem also updating to 2.15 because i did not think about running the AO Service tool before.
I you forget this, you never in the future can uninstall the old driver and install the new.
My luck was that I could go back to the system status before the unsucessful driver update because I have made a Acronis backup before.
If you do not have a backup, i think you have to make a complete new installation of the operating system (OS).

Last edited by Salomon; 1st May 2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 1st May 2014, 10:04 AM   #2048
diyAudio Member

You have to uninstall previous versions of WaveIO drivers prior to use this one otherwise you will end up with more than one driver on your computer which will definitely confuse your Window OS
I've tested on mine and the result wasn't so good...
Old 1st May 2014, 10:50 AM   #2049
Salomon is offline Salomon  Germany
diyAudio Member

I am using now 2.19
The update was no problem
Old 1st May 2014, 02:03 PM   #2050
diyAudio Member

What does this new driver do that the old one didn't Lorien?

I'm running window 8.1 and found that the last driver doesn't work that well. Fine while playing music but switching between apps often there would be a lot of white noise from the speakers as the driver switched from one app to the next, this also happens when the system boots. Sometimes an app can't play to the driver at all and the system has to be re-booted, is this the reason for the update?

Also I've never been quite sure on the best way to configure the driver and the windows settings for 'best practice' with you excellent card, maybe a little tutorial on your site might be good?

Thanks for your continued support of this brilliant interface, shame the daughter card seems to have died though.

Stefan

Hide this!Advertise here!