XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 166 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2013, 07:18 AM   #1651
diyAudio Member

Hi Lucian, is a google account mandatory in order to access the list?
In that case a mirror on your website could be a good idea.
Old 12th February 2013, 08:18 PM   #1652
diyAudio Member

Hello Massimo,
no, Google path was chosen to be a simple way for all of us but I'll try to find a solution in the following days and, if possible, move the list on WaveIO's web site. Thank you for the idea, it's highly appreciated!
Cheers,
L
Old 13th February 2013, 04:42 PM   #1653
diyAudio Member

What is the price of the waveIO group buy?
Old 14th February 2013, 02:19 PM   #1654
diyAudio Member

Hello and sorry to all members here on this board, because, I did not read all comments in this thread yet, and it could be, that my question is mentioned before.
Want to buy the Wave I/O board, but I have to know if the board, software and all needed drivers are running under Windows 8? And how long is the delivery time?
Greetings Rainer
Old 15th February 2013, 08:42 AM   #1655
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118 View Post
What is the price of the waveIO group buy?
That group buy is for the Daughter card (in development) but can be purchased with a WaveIO for all that does not have one already. As for prices, are unknown so far but will be available when I'll finish it. Thanx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy it up View Post
Hello and sorry to all members here on this board, because, I did not read all comments in this thread yet, and it could be, that my question is mentioned before.
Want to buy the Wave I/O board, but I have to know if the board, software and all needed drivers are running under Windows 8? And how long is the delivery time?
Greetings Rainer
Hello Rainer, you have PM but it comes a little bit late, I'm sorry as I had to solve some personal issues and this ruined all my plans with dispatch dates. Given this, it becomes longer than posted on WaveIO's web page but I'll work close to catch it up from behind.
Thank you for understanding, L
Old 18th February 2013, 01:27 AM   #1656
diyAudio Member

Default USB Streaming Mode

Hi Lorien:

I am sorry if the question has been already asked and answered but please help me understand a setting in driver's control panel

USB Streaming Mode
Minimum latency
Low latency
Standard
Relaxed
Extra Safe

Do these settings only relate to buffer size? Any effect on USB streaming/clocking? Do these settings affect jitter at all? Please write in detail.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USB Streaming Mode.jpg (84.6 KB, 856 views)
Old 18th February 2013, 11:25 AM   #1657
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deduikertjes View Post
I've tried with 5v (datasheet of the isolator specifies a max of 7v). No sound ...

Trying onlyone dac chip is very difficult. I can't easily take one out of the tower.
Or would it be enough to remove the power supply to 7 of the 8 dac chips?
Is there a way to measure if levels to the dac chips are ok? I don't have a scope ...

Thanks, marco
Setting up TDA1543 towers is tricky on itself (adjusting both V+ and the Rref, and settling for the non-clipping point). During most settings I tried it failed, even failed for no reasons at all (i understood) and sometimes haphazardly.
  • Did the tower work in a different setting (CD player for instance); i did not see you mentioned that.

Of course remove power of chips is OK to start; but then you need approx. an 8x as high Rref to get the same Vref...
Old 20th February 2013, 07:02 PM   #1658
Klim is offline Klim  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

Hi! This is my implementation based on the WaveIO and ArpeggioT2 DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1.jpg (185.3 KB, 755 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_10.jpg (948.1 KB, 732 views)
Old 22nd February 2013, 04:17 PM   #1659
diyAudio Member

@ new2hifi: I've forwarded your question to Thesycon as I don't know how that Control Panel was designed nor knowledge about how it works. I'll post their answer right after I'll get it.
@ Klim: very nice project you have there! Can I post them on luckit.biz @ Gallery section?
Cheers,
L

Last edited by Lorien; 22nd February 2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 22nd February 2013, 07:29 PM   #1660
Klim is offline Klim  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

@Lorien:Thanks! WaveIO- very good sound, stable device.
No problem about gallery.
One question about samlerate settings in control panel (WIN 7)
Regardless of the frequency of the playing file output format remains the same as defined in the device settings. Hence, resampling occurs means the operating system kernel? Or the driver? How can I make the output bitrate automatic switch would be match the playing file bitrate?
p.s. sorry for my bad English :^)

Hide this!Advertise here!