XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 161 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2013, 05:37 PM   #1601
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy it up View Post
Is it possible fixing the output rate of the board to 24 bit / 96 kHz with the software?
Easiest way is to use a re-sampler plugin on the playback software you use (e.g. PPHS in Foobar2k) and set it to 24/96.
Old 17th January 2013, 05:46 PM   #1602
diyAudio Member

Default Mouser or Digikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumgary View Post
Hi Lorien,

How to get the cables for the I2S output?

Is it called micro BNC cable?

Gary
The is called a u.fl cable
Old 17th January 2013, 07:11 PM   #1603
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
SPDIF no signal.

I connected the WaveIO to FIFO via the isolated I2S and work excellent, but no sound when connect through the SPDIF, neither the isolated or non-isolated. Even directly connect it to BIII, still no sound. Scope shows no output from the SPDIF. Please advise what may be the problem.
With your permission let's try to solve this privately to keep this thread clean. I'll send you an email right after I'll finish writing this reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staki View Post
Hurrah !!

I got the WaveIO card today after some very nasty adventures !
A neighbour of mine tried to steal the parcel from the postman !

But I threatened to call the police and finally he gave me the card back.

To all the owners of the WaveIO card. Keep it carefully, because it is sooooo good that some people try to steal it !!
It is world glory for Lucian !

I am delighted to be able to listen to it soon.....

Many thanks Lucian !
No problem just trying to solve tour issue as best as possible! Well, I'm still thinking at what I should learn from this not so pleasant experience as it took me by surprise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy it up View Post
Hello, want to upgrade a Behringer DCX 2496 with the Wave IO board. For this I have following question:
Is it possible fixing the output rate of the board to 24 bit / 96 kHz with the software? I mean, that incoming lower rates would be up sampled, and incoming higher rates would be down sampled. With the fixed sample rate out of the Wave IO board it would be possible to connect the board via I2S to the DCX 2496 without using the SRC CS 8420?
I am very pleasure, for some details or solutions!
Thanks! Rainer
Now sure about the sample rate but from what I can remember, the DCX does use the I2S but in master mode (generates the Word clock and bit clock) thing that WaveIO is also does... so two masters on the same I2S bus will not be a pleasant view... Most likely I have to change the firmware for this and allow your DCX to control the I2S bus accordingly. I'll do it gladly but daughter is on the line (please see below) Anyway, I'm ready to be wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibra View Post
How is your daughter Lorien? )
Nice and slow.... To be honest I'm still working in parallel on a project that I hoped to be ready in January... well it's still January and I'm still optimistic but things got wild here when this project was 90% ready! Yes, I've been through this before, with actual WaveIO... jrling has asked about the board but I will like to give details after I'll see it fully implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumgary View Post
Hi Lorien,

How to get the cables for the I2S output?

Is it called micro BNC cable?

Gary
Here is a link to those that I'm using right now for testing purposes. Please note that are coming with different lengths and, if possible, please choose the shortest one that could accommodate your connections.
@ barrows & TheShaman: thank you!

Cheers,
L

Last edited by Lorien; 17th January 2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 17th January 2013, 07:49 PM   #1604
staki is offline staki  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Well, I'm still thinking at what I should learn from this not so pleasant experience as it took me by surprise...
You are not at all responsible Lucian ! You can't do anything against dishonest people !

But I am just thinking that maybe there is a solution. I don't know how you call it in english and if it exists for international postage, but here in Switzerland the post office has an option that forces the postman to look at identification papers before giving the parcel. It is very effective against steal but it costs approximately 12 Euros more than standard delivery cost.
Maybe you could use it as an option for people who are afraid of a steal......

Cheers,
staki
Old 18th January 2013, 05:48 AM   #1605
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post

Now sure about the sample rate but from what I can remember, the DCX does use the I2S but in master mode (generates the Word clock and bit clock) thing that WaveIO is also does... so two masters on the same I2S bus will not be a pleasant view... Most likely I have to change the firmware for this and allow your DCX to control the I2S bus accordingly. I'll do it gladly but daughter is on the line (please see below) Anyway, I'm ready to be wrong!

Cheers,
L

Hi Lorien,
Thanks, for your fast replay! My Behringer DCX 2496 is not in master mode anymore, because I build out the master clock and use a SRC upgrade board (from Peter Oettle) with own low jitter master clock instead. My intension is to use the Wave board as master via I2S in fixed mode 24bit / 96kHz and also use the clock from the Wave board (24.576 MHz) as master clock / in master mode. In this case I would extract the Oettel SRC upgrade board completely. Would this be a solution? Or is it the wrong way?
Thanks, Rainer
Old 18th January 2013, 12:28 PM   #1606
diyAudio Member

Default WAVE IO actural current requirements

To Lorien or anyone who have assemble the board, can I have a clear description the true current requirement for the board since the beginning of this thread Lorien mention the board needs about 600mA of current but from the description of DDDAC guy it need 380mA !!! So which is the right one as I'm in the middle of finding the right pars for the PSU.
Old 18th January 2013, 02:16 PM   #1607
diyAudio Member

Default What is the daughter board?

Sorry that I am late to this discussion. I was told of this device and want to give it a try.

I see the mention of the daughter board and I have looked through pages and pages of posts but there are too many to read them all.

Would someone please tell me what this will do.

I am definitely ordering the WaveIO and as any obsessed audiophile I want the best possible result.

THANKS in advance!
Old 19th January 2013, 07:40 AM   #1608
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabanyayaya View Post
....................the beginning of this thread Lorien mention the board needs about 600mA of current but from the description of DDDAC guy it need 380mA !!! So which is the right one.........
With NDK oscillator (as in mine), the latter.
Old 19th January 2013, 10:29 AM   #1609
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
With NDK oscillator (as in mine), the latter.
I get it now. Mine is with the tiny small oscillator (not the Expresso clock). Definitely a NKDs. So 380mA....

Thanks massimo...!!!
Old 19th January 2013, 11:10 AM   #1610
diyAudio Member

There were some posts in October 2012 regarding WaveIO power consumption that lead to the ~380mA suggestion, though some measured only 320mA so 380mA is actually the conservative estimate if I recall correctly.

Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!