XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 146 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2012, 09:53 AM   #1451
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
sort the ground loop out, shield one end is not terribly effective
So you're saying to connect both ends?
Old 17th November 2012, 09:58 AM   #1452
diyAudio Member

For a u.fl cable, connect both ends. This provides a return path for each signal wire.

For a USB that has +/- power and +/- data and shield then the shield should connect at the usb connector casing on the host end only.

Last edited by hochopeper; 17th November 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 26th November 2012, 04:00 PM   #1453
diyAudio Member

Hi Lucian

1. How can I update the firmware if my device is still at rev ID 0x0330?

2. I tested the WaveIO board today using SPDIF. it worked fine at the beginning but it come out noise. How can I do the troubleshooting?

Index VID PID REV DFU supported USB mode
00 0x20A0 0x4143 0x0330 no APP

Thanks
Gary
Old 27th November 2012, 07:28 AM   #1454
diyAudio Member

Hello Gary,
1. as you probably figured out by now, only WaveIO cards with revision ID of 0x0331 or newer can support DFU updates. For all older ones, the firmware in local EEPROM must be changed accordingly by using an EEPROM programmer thus you have to send back your board here to make the appropriate changes. After that, any future firmware released will be on a few clicks away from you.
2. With your approval, I'll contact you through email to keep this thread clean.

Kind regards,
L

@shumgary: you have PM.

Last edited by Lorien; 27th November 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 30th November 2012, 05:11 AM   #1455
CKL is offline CKL  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

My clicking noise problem is solved by replacing the U.FL cables.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:13 AM   #1456
diyAudio Member

I have added into the daughter board list. My mpdpup now with mpd ver 17 sounds great already with the WaveIo, but more improvements cant be resisted.
Old 1st December 2012, 04:59 PM   #1457
staki is offline staki  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

I added myself to the spreadsheet for one daughterboard (number 89), although I don't have any WaveIO card for now. I have ordered one, and after having read all the positive opinions on this thread (146 pages !! ), I am impatient of being able to use it !

btw, I see that hirez69 has been deleted from the first position on the spreadsheet. Is it an accident ?

Cheers, staki
Old 3rd December 2012, 07:57 AM   #1458
diyAudio Member

@ audiosm and staki: Noted, thank you! As for the issues reported... were corrected! As the list is open for everyone I cannot add restrictions nor I do want to. Anyway, for back-up cases, I keep a copy of it somewhere on my laptop incuding some sensitive informations that wants to be kept private
Quote:
Is it an accident ?
From what I can recall, there were 2 or 3 "accidents" so far, all involving only one user: hirez69. I doubt he want to be out of the list as I know him quite well... but I'll send a private message and ask for details (if any).
Kind regards,
L
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:17 AM   #1459
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
From what I can recall, there were 2 or 3 "accidents" so far, all involving only one user: hirez69. I doubt he want to be out of the list as I know him quite well... but I'll send a private message and ask for details (if any).
Kind regards,
L
Maybe some people delete his name by error, because when they arrive on the spreadsheet they first add themselves on the first position. After that they see that they must go to the end of the list, but they forget to rewrite hirez69 again.........
I don't know, just an assumption.......

Cheers, staki
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:30 AM   #1460
diyAudio Member

Dear Lucian,

I have a question regarding the i2s output. If one wants to use a double mono configuration, with two dac chips, is the i2s output capable of driving two dac chips in parallel ? I suppose it is a question of fanout, and perhaps isolated or not isolated outputs........

Cheers, staki

Hide this!Advertise here!