XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 120 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2012, 12:46 PM   #1191
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razlom View Post
Lorien

May be I too simplified my question and get equivalent answer. Sorry.
Let me clear it up: what I need is I2S bus with MCLK 192fs, that makes 36.864MHz for 48/96/192kHz thread and 33.8688MHz for 44.1/88.2/176.4 thread. As far as I understand, it can be made with 36.864MHz and 33.8688MHz generators instead of 24.576MHz/22.5792Mhz used in Your board. Is such replacement possible theoretically? Can XMOS chip work with such frequencies? And if it can be possible theoretically, can it be made practically?
I guess it could be made but I must change the code for it and I do not have any generators with such freq around to hear WaveIO singing as it should. You could start by buying a stock WaveIO and we will play with it later by using DFU and upload a new firmware with it. I guess the best proof would be to hear it working in your setup. If it doesn't then a refund could be taken into account. We can continue this discussion over PMs.
Cheers,
L

Last edited by Lorien; 20th September 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 21st September 2012, 06:51 AM   #1192
Razlom is offline Razlom  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

As I can see, this feature is demanded among many members of the forum, so I would be very glad to share efforts in this direction and remaining on contact.
Thank You very much, Lorien.
Old 21st September 2012, 12:24 PM   #1193
diyAudio Member

Location: Madrid - Capital of the Kingdom of Spain / ChamberŪ, newest state in Europe ;-)
Lucian, great news !!

I have just received the board (you already know that) and .... tested with my IPad, and the result is .... pure gorgeous liquid music !!. It works great

It is an outstanding accomplishment given the fact you actually donīt have an Ipad to test it

Thank again for modifying the firmware and providing this option within the WaveIO card.

Cheers and thank you again for you effort,
Pepe
Old 21st September 2012, 03:23 PM   #1194
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamar View Post
Lucian, great news !!

I have just received the board (you already know that) and .... tested with my IPad, and the result is .... pure gorgeous liquid music !!. It works great

It is an outstanding accomplishment given the fact you actually donīt have an Ipad to test it

Thank again for modifying the firmware and providing this option within the WaveIO card.

Cheers and thank you again for you effort,
Pepe
That was the point: to work If you have some spare time please let us know what type of player are you using and with what settings. Maybe soon I'll have one iPad to play with for a short while (not mine) and want to take full advantage while I am with it. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razlom View Post
As I can see, this feature is demanded among many members of the forum, so I would be very glad to share efforts in this direction and remaining on contact.
Thank You very much, Lorien.
I didn't searched yet but I have a strong will to try this option so if you have knowledge from where could I buy such generators/oscillators it would be a big help for me.

Kind regards,
L
Old 21st September 2012, 03:25 PM   #1195
diyAudio Member

Default sos

https://www.sellarz.co.kr:127/shoppi...il.php?pi=1856

im trying to use this tda1543 board with the direct out of waveio with no success. ive connected data, lrck, bclk accordingly and left mclk untouched. the grounds of the tda1543 goes to usb ground on waveio. and... there is no sound! help....
Old 22nd September 2012, 02:02 AM   #1196
kp93300 is offline kp93300  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
.. that's enough for me either so I'll go with Crysteks for now as I2C communication will complicate things in such a way that I would better avoid.

One small update to this list:
1. hirez69
2. analog_sa
3. m.massimo
4. ozlegend
5. luisbock
6. vitalica
7. palmito
8. gabanyayaya
9. danny_66
10. shoom
11. kp93300
12. lindamar
13. merlin el mago
14. Reo
15. arkadiush1
16. jmltinc
17. zibra

Best wishes,
L
Hi Lorien,
My other friend wants a daughter board also. This is 2 boards for me then.
Any more details about the integration between the wave io and the duaghter board? We expect lower jitter ? Better ground isolation ? More music details ?
Another power supply needed. ? etc
thanks

kp93300
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:43 AM   #1197
diyAudio Member

Updated list:

1. hirez69
2. analog_sa
3. m.massimo
4. ozlegend
5. luisbock
6. vitalica
7. palmito
8. gabanyayaya
9. danny_66
10. shoom
11.12. kp93300 X 2
13. lindamar
14. merlin el mago
15. Reo
16. arkadiush1
17. jmltinc
18. zibra
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:13 AM   #1198
diyAudio Member

Can anyone please measure current for WaveIO board with NDK oscillators?
In first posts Lorien wrote current for board with FOX oscillators which consume much more power right?
I measured current connecting WaveIO to 4.5V battery and it shows 250mA. My friend measured it with hi-res files and it was up max. to 320mA.
It could be helpful information for setting up Salas shunt to work with WaveIO for example.

Jakub
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:40 AM   #1199
diyAudio Member

I don't see the problem, I used Salas regs with 600mA, as you know Salas regs work better with more power headroom, if XMOS power consumption is less your regs sounds better.
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:50 AM   #1200
shoom is offline shoom  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
I don't see the problem, I used Salas regs with 600mA, as you know Salas regs work better with more power headroom, if XMOS power consumption is less your regs sounds better.
Hi Zibra
Yes Merlin thatís my take also.
I have my Salas BJT set up for a CCS of 670MA which seems to work well. From what Iíve read the Salas likes plenty on the CCS so just use a nice big heat sink.
I have my board and heat sink as follows
Franz Gysi style Salas
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/192625-sslv1-1-builds-fairytales-10.html
Runs just warm and sounds sublime.
I used a linear reg previously and swapping in the Salas made a noticeable difference to the SQ.
Iíve had my WAVEIO for just over a year now and Iím still loving it.
Iím using my board with TP LVDS sender and receiver and that works very well indeed. Looking forward to WAVEIOís Daughter.
Great work Lucien

Hide this!Advertise here!