Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2012, 03:47 PM   #1141
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
So, three new 5V power supplies, 1 for J6 (NVE), 1 for RX, 1 for TX. Is it correct?
I was thinking two 5V power supplies, NVE and TX would be combined on one board and would be supplied by their own LDO.

I don't entirely understand the LVDS solution here but I was wondering if there was the possibility that the output of this daughter board would still provide u.fl connectors?

Last edited by hochopeper; 17th September 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 18th September 2012, 10:13 AM   #1142
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Hi Rod, your card have DFU implemented, no problem! It would also had the new daughter board if it would made in time.

@ Corpius and juanitox: thank you for confirming the delivery of your cards. It will make my life easier as tracking registered parcels often it proves quite difficult from my side.

Yes, for non-isolated I2S outputs. I see you've done that later

Now, regarding the updates: besides DFU (for which I have to upload some files in the driver's package and is done) I want to build a daughter card to improve the SQ by retiming the I2S signals while adding isolation between the outputs and WaveIO board itself. This new card is designed explicitly for actual WaveIOs as the revision will not need it. I'm now in schematic stage, searching for parts that offers a fair balance between quality and performance. Moreover, to keep costs down this board will be build in Q's over 50 pcs. or more. If there's any interest in it among actual WaveIO owners please contact me through PMs.

Kind regards,
L
What is DFU?
Old 18th September 2012, 10:18 AM   #1143
diyAudio Member

Location: Madrid - Capital of the Kingdom of Spain / Chamberí, newest state in Europe ;-)
I guess that having LVDS connectivity you´ve got galvanic isolation between the WaveIO card and the FIFO reclocking buffer ... am I right Lucian ?

Cheers
Pepe
Old 18th September 2012, 10:18 AM   #1144
diyAudio Member

LOrien, What about the DSD firmware?

You have email.

Last edited by merlin el mago; 18th September 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 18th September 2012, 10:20 AM   #1145
diyAudio Member

Location: Madrid - Capital of the Kingdom of Spain / Chamberí, newest state in Europe ;-)
DFU stands for Device Firmware Upgrade , it is a mode of the WaveIO that when enabled you can upgrade the firmware through the USB bus

Cheers
Pepe
Old 18th September 2012, 10:36 AM   #1146
diyAudio Member

Thank you Pepe.

Cheers
Felipe
Old 18th September 2012, 10:53 AM   #1147
diyAudio Member

You are most welcome

cheers
Pepe
Old 18th September 2012, 11:55 AM   #1148
diyAudio Member

Hi Lorien ,

count me in for 1 daughter board.

Thanks.
Old 18th September 2012, 12:18 PM   #1149
diyAudio Member

@Lucian:

I would like to sign up for the daughter board as well ... but it would be great to know fist your thoughts on the following possibility: synchronous/asynchronous connection to a Buffalo II/III DAC

As you well know, Ian´s re-clocking FIFO board can be connected in both modes to a Buffalo DAC. I´d love to see something similar in your daughter board

Cheers
Pepe
Old 18th September 2012, 12:22 PM   #1150
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razlom View Post
Hello, Lorien.

I got few questions concerning your famous board:

1 Can Your board be clocked with 36.864MHz generator? In my DAC project I use SM5847AF digital filter and PCM1704 DACs. SM5847AF can work only with 36.864MHz (192fs) at 192 kHz sampling rate.

2 Does the board provide any output signals suitable for sampling rate indication?
I do not know how famous it is but thank you for your kind words
1. The simple answer is: no ... and that's because WaveIO needs two type of Master Clock signals for I2S output ports: 44.1 Khz and 48 Khz families clock sources. I only got 48 khz from your generator (by dividing with 768) but what happens if you play 44.1 file or from the same family?

2. Yes, it does! Looking at the pictures on the the first post of this thread you'll see J9 pin-header (on the bottom-left corner of the card). There are signals for 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 sample rates. In addition you'll have "Host Active" (when plugged into USB port and detected by host) and "Audio Stream" (when play something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoom View Post
Hi Lorien

count me in for 1 x daughter board.

sounds interesting:-)
Noted, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
So, three new 5V power supplies, 1 for J6 (NVE), 1 for RX, 1 for TX. Is it correct?
No There will be separate PSUs for each section. The goal is to provide double isolation to the I2S signal. I would say more but I'm afraid of saying stupid things in case that this new board will no work as expected .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
I don't entirely understand the LVDS solution here but I was wondering if there was the possibility that the output of this daughter board would still provide u.fl connectors?
Yes, there will be U.FLs as they are now in WaveIO. I'm thinking to add W.FL as well (in the same Footprint - hoping that it will work!). We will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamar View Post
I guess that having LVDS connectivity you´ve got galvanic isolation between the WaveIO card and the FIFO reclocking buffer ... am I right Lucian ?
Cheers
Pepe
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
LOrien, What about the DSD firmware?

You have email.
Got it. I cannot use that binary code as it's designed for stock XMOS board and WaveIO is 0.1% different (other pin assignments and so on) thus it will definitelly Not work. I have to make it my own. One at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalica View Post
Hi Lorien ,

count me in for 1 daughter board.

Thanks.
Noted, multumesc !

Kind regards,
Lucian

Last edited by Lorien; 18th September 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!