XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 114 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2012, 11:49 AM   #1131
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Now, regarding the updates: besides DFU (for which I have to upload some files in the driver's package and is done) I want to build a daughter card to improve the SQ by retiming the I2S signals while adding isolation between the outputs and WaveIO board itself. This new card is designed explicitly for actual WaveIOs as the revision will not need it. I'm now in schematic stage, searching for parts that offers a fair balance between quality and performance. Moreover, to keep costs down this board will be build in Q's over 50 pcs. or more. If there's any interest in it among actual WaveIO owners please contact me through PMs.

Kind regards,
L
Good.
You can count on me for 1pc.

More orders -> less cost for you -> lower price for us.
Old 17th September 2012, 12:01 PM   #1132
diyAudio Member

Corpius, for me, TPA Placid with taller heathsinks (shunting about 70 mAmps) does a really nice job powering WaveIo.
Lorien, what kind of connection and power needs from daughter card to the actual board?
Regards
Old 17th September 2012, 12:10 PM   #1133
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
Good.
You can count on me for 1pc.

More orders -> less cost for you -> lower price for us.

I've emailed Lucian but here it is for the thread, I'm also keen to try out this daughter board too.
Old 17th September 2012, 12:36 PM   #1134
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisbock View Post
Lorien, what kind of connection and power needs from daughter card to the actual board?
Regards
Well, trying to keep costs down I intend to use some parts from WaveIO card like LP5900 Vregs and so on. Unfortunately the NDK oscillators can't be used as I need the double of those feqs: 45.1584 and 49.152 MHz. Either way, there will be footprints for NDK (3.2 x 2.5 mm) to 5x7 osc. and Crysteks as well. The latest are quite big for this adapter but I'll see what I can do.
I have in mind for the transmitter board to be mounted on WaveIO by using J6 pin-header + H1 & H2 mounting holes while the receiver will be somewhere on your DAC. Differential signaling and CAT5 cables are involved for I2S path (Playback only!).
So, to keep it simple there will be needed a separate 5V source (NOT that used to power up WaveIO!) for the TX board while RX we will see what input voltage will handle (most probably another 5V - but not the same with TX or WaveIO boards!).

Best wishes,
L

Last edited by Lorien; 17th September 2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 17th September 2012, 01:08 PM   #1135
Razlom is offline Razlom  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

Hello, Lorien.

I got few questions concerning your famous board:

1 Can Your board be clocked with 36.864MHz generator? In my DAC project I use SM5847AF digital filter and PCM1704 DACs. SM5847AF can work only with 36.864MHz (192fs) at 192 kHz sampling rate.

2 Does the board provide any output signals suitable for sampling rate indication?
Old 17th September 2012, 02:45 PM   #1136
Ryssen is online now Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Have not read the whole thread,but I have a question,does this card work in Linux to?Plug and play?
Old 17th September 2012, 02:56 PM   #1137
shoom is offline shoom  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi Lorien

count me in for 1 x daughter board.

sounds interesting:-)
Old 17th September 2012, 03:43 PM   #1138
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryssen View Post
Have not read the whole thread,but I have a question,does this card work in Linux to?Plug and play?
As close to plug and play as it gets with linux. As with any soundcard you may need to adjust your asla config and tweak the os to find optimal settings ...
Old 17th September 2012, 03:45 PM   #1139
diyAudio Member

Default PS for new daughter board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
I have in mind for the transmitter board to be mounted on WaveIO by using J6 pin-header + H1 & H2 mounting holes while the receiver will be somewhere on your DAC. Differential signaling and CAT5 cables are involved for I2S path (Playback only!).
So, to keep it simple there will be needed a separate 5V source (NOT that used to power up WaveIO!) for the TX board while RX we will see what input voltage will handle (most probably another 5V - but not the same with TX or WaveIO boards!)
So, three new 5V power supplies, 1 for J6 (NVE), 1 for RX, 1 for TX. Is it correct?
Old 17th September 2012, 03:45 PM   #1140
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razlom View Post
Hello, Lorien.

I got few questions concerning your famous board:

1 Can Your board be clocked with 36.864MHz generator? In my DAC project I use SM5847AF digital filter and PCM1704 DACs. SM5847AF can work only with 36.864MHz (192fs) at 192 kHz sampling rate.
I'm not so sure, I have a suspicion but I'll leave it to Lorien to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razlom View Post
2 Does the board provide any output signals suitable for sampling rate indication?
Yes. There is a header that gives an output for each sample rate and a pin each for host active/stream active.

Hide this!Advertise here!