XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 113 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th September 2012, 06:56 PM   #1121
diyAudio Member

It is necessary to connect the ground of the supply of the Wave IO to the ground of the sidecar?

What's settings have I to left at USB Audio Class Driver Control Panel?

Last edited by merlin el mago; 14th September 2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 15th September 2012, 04:44 AM   #1122
diyAudio Member

Any possibility to have the old cards updated, even for a fee?

D.
Old 15th September 2012, 05:11 AM   #1123
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PET-240 View Post
Hey Lorien,

Glad to know its just a firmware update, thanks for thinking of us as current owners!

Look forward to this being sorted, hear from you directly.

Thanks,

Drew.
Drew, let me know if you end up posting yours back for firmware changes, postage Aus -> Ro is a killer and would be folly to have two packages travelling in parallel ...

Chris
Old 15th September 2012, 07:31 AM   #1124
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
What is the output voltage of J9 Header for the LEDs, Host Active and Audio Streaming?

I want to read this outputs using Arduino so I can show the sample rates and other info on an lcd display.
3.12V, just measured on mine.
Old 15th September 2012, 08:35 AM   #1125
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
It is necessary to connect the ground of the supply of the Wave IO to the ground of the sidecar?

Grounded the Sidecar with the external psu of the WaveIO, now is sounding, I played with Control Panel for ASIO driver latency is very useful but I don't know if I have to adjust the rest of settings of I have to left as default.
Old 15th September 2012, 09:02 AM   #1126
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
3.12V, just measured on mine.
Thanks!
Old 15th September 2012, 09:12 AM   #1127
diyAudio Member

Nice to see here Corpius
Old 17th September 2012, 04:48 AM   #1128
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlegend View Post
Hi Lorien

Sounds great news, making it more future proof! I presume my board has not yet been sent & so will contain the change? I am much looking forward to receiving it to use with my DEQX-based Tikandi loudspeaker system, having heard this system recently with the very expensive Berkeley Alpha S/SDIF converter & so become dissatisfied with all other less expensive converters I have tried - Audiophilleo, Halide, Hiface etc.

Cheers
Rod
Hi Rod, your card have DFU implemented, no problem! It would also had the new daughter board if it would made in time.

@ Corpius and juanitox: thank you for confirming the delivery of your cards. It will make my life easier as tracking registered parcels often it proves quite difficult from my side.

Quote:

Yes, for non-isolated I2S outputs. I see you've done that later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon1975 View Post
Any possibility to have the old cards updated, even for a fee?
D.
Now, regarding the updates: besides DFU (for which I have to upload some files in the driver's package and is done) I want to build a daughter card to improve the SQ by retiming the I2S signals while adding isolation between the outputs and WaveIO board itself. This new card is designed explicitly for actual WaveIOs as the revision will not need it. I'm now in schematic stage, searching for parts that offers a fair balance between quality and performance. Moreover, to keep costs down this board will be build in Q's over 50 pcs. or more. If there's any interest in it among actual WaveIO owners please contact me through PMs.

Kind regards,
L
Old 17th September 2012, 08:39 AM   #1129
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Nice to see here Corpius
I always seems to stumble over the same people, no matter where I go. Maybe it has something to do with shared interests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
@ Corpius and juanitox: thank you for confirming the delivery of your cards. It will make my life easier as tracking registered parcels often it proves quite difficult from my side
You're welcome! It actually arrived very quick. I think it was the the 5th of September, but I was in Berlin til a few days ago.
I have almost finished the dedicated power supply, but come short of a few parts. I could power it from the USB input for now, but I'd rather set it up the way I want it. Meaning that I'll have to wait a bit more. Well all good things come to he who waits.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:44 AM   #1130
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ozlegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Hi Rod, your card have DFU implemented, no problem! It would also had the new daughter board if it would made in time.
<snip>
Kind regards,
L
Many thanks for the info Lorien. Your new daughter board addresses a problem that DEQX had, namely the current isolated I2S output seemed to have higher jitter. Please put me down for one when it becomes available.

All the best
Rod

Hide this!Advertise here!