Valab master clock and noob TEAC T1 transport upgrade questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking to upgrade a Teac T1 CD transport as a first DIY project.

Has anyone played with the Valab (Vintage Audio Lab) master clock boards on ebay? Seems a lot cheaper than the Audiocom or Trichord alternatives. (As a noob I'm looking to buy a clock board rather than assemble one myself).

Was also wondering what the recommended 8-12v psu options might be for this board (preferably ready built)? (from a 240v source as I'm in the UK). Again the Trichord one seems quite pricey for what it is.

Any tips on particular issues with upgrading a T1 would be appreciated.

Go ahead and buy the Valab with confidence.
I have one in my old Arcam Alpha and have used the multiple outputs for the DAC chip @ 11.289 and 5.6 and also did the 7220 and 7310 chips with their own 11.289 signals too. ( Thanks go to SimonT for the guide on this )
Looking at the expensive ones they probably have nicer components and may well be better but the results I got have blown me away - transformed it completely.

Give it it's own traffo to get the best out of it - which I guess applies to any clock mod.

Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.