TEAC VRDS7. Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I have a TEAC VRDS7(CMK4-drive) and it's not operating properly any more. When a CD is loaded, the player exhibits problems in reading the TOC. It appears to work "hard". The display and LED's on the fron-panel is "flashing" due to excessive current-draw from the power suplly. I have checked the power supply and it is ok.

Anyone got a service manual for TEAC VRDS 7 or the CMK4-drive unit?:)

best regards\Morello

Hello alfsch!:)

Thanks for your reply. :)
The problem is partially solved. The DC-motor draws to much current causing the rail-voltage(+5 volts) to drop. When the voltage drops, the players logic doesn't work. I belive that the motor is internally shorted:dead: I implemeneted a 3.9 ohms resistor in series with the motor to reduce the peak-current and the player does in fact work!:) :) However the motor accelerates a bit to slow making the player slow in start.

The motor measures a series resistance of 3.5 ohm, which I belive is to low.:scratch:

I will buy a new motor, but where?:scratch:

Do you have the manual scanned? Can you guess what pages are relevant for this problem. Also i belive I must adjust focus- and tracking gain. Can you find any info regarding that in your manual?

Best regards\Morello:cool:

Hi,
motor: disconnect the motor, drive with external supply, for test, 12 V; should run at high speed;
you could use it with the added resistor...;
manual is paper;
adjust: mark trim positions with pen (to find them again!!),
then play a cd, no amp connected, so you hear the noise from the pickup; turn foc and track gain, so the noise is lower, further reducing stops tracking, turn back a little - - and you have the opt position!
ok?
alf

Hello!

I ordered a new motor today. Only USD 15:) :) :)
I will have the new motor within 3 days or so :cool:

Thanks for the advice. That how I have adjusted T and F-gain before. Is there any more info regarding tracking- and focus-gain adjustments in the manual?:)

Best regards\Morello:cool: :cool: :cool:

VRRDS7 and VRDS10 Service Manuals

Hi Alfsch,

I would very much appreciate a copy of the digital sections of the VRDS10 and VRDS7 CD players (SPDIF output etc) as I am currently designing a Digital Transport Board to fit in either of those or the T1 and any info would remove the guesswork when wiring the board in.

Best Regards

David

Would anyone be kind enough to send me the service manual pages for the drive mechanism.

My VRDS7 seems to clamp the CD in such a way that it will not spin. I think the bottom puck is binding with something but cant see what as its undernieth the drive.

Looks like I've got to dismantle it !! Bugger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.