Denon or Tascam Broadcast CD Players?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!

While looking for CD player bargains on the net I came across the Tascam CD-01U and CD-01UProfessional. (Product: CD-01U | TASCAM)
They are a runout (replaced by the CD500 I believe), differing only in the presence or absence of Balanced outputs.
The prices are very good and I am tempted.

While looking I also encountered some Denon Pro CD players, the DN-C620 (http://www.d-mpro.com/users/folder.asp?FolderID=4402&Tab=Overview) and DN-C635.

Does anybody have any experience with these units, good or bad? Of particular interest is SQ - I have owned many bits of Denon rig over the years and it has always sounded good and been supremely reliable.

All comments gratefully received.

Rgds
blakkshepeaudio

The standard for legitimate theater has been the 635 for a while. This is due mainly to it's instant start and ubiquitous interface (the db25 connector on the back). They also hold up pretty well to touring use.
However, we have a few dozen of the CD-01U and have had very few issues with them. Sound quality is pretty much equal IMHO. The one advantage to the 01U is that it has AES out- if that's important to you.

Well, as a result of various factors (price, availability, outrageous ask for a Denon remote) I bought a lowly Tascam CD200.

I will go back and get a Denon 635 later in the year.

But, I gotta tell you, this CD200 is a damn good machine. Smooth as silk in operation, built VERY well for a cheapie and beat out my (ageing) Marantz CD-17KI for sound quality. Quick test with a mates Cambridge DAC suggests it might be a fine low cost transport also.

Who would have thought it?

I am quite enjoying my pleasant surprise! Who knows maybe a DIY DAC might be the next project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.