DAC 2496 (AK4393) DAC KIT With CS8416+AK4393+5532

AK4396 with CM6631 and discrete output stage.

The TENOR Chip works great but this is the dogs bollocks.
Need a bigger case now though!! :D

Attachments

• P1030975.JPG
    P1030975.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 743
Can anyone supply info on the output impedance of this DAC. I realise that there will be differences related to whether the build is as per the whole board or using direct out/tx out etc.

I have to fit a different value ,20K as opposed to 50K (shunted) in my hybrid amp to account for the low o/put impedance of my new phono stage @ 10 Ohm.

Still trying to get the DAC to run with the LME49990.

Bypassed the supply, earth to + and - supply with a 10 uF tantalum (ELFA 67-704-57), a 2,2 uF ceramic (ELFA 65-721-20) and a 470 nF ceramic (ELFA 65-200-19) as per design note for the LME49990.

Also hooked up some 56 ohms in series with the output.

Must buy a IR thermometer, think it´s still on the hot side - scope looks OK, but it´s only a 40 MHz.

On the adapter, the lacquer past the output pin has started to vaporize some mm out.

Sound quality is a bit colder, used Wima MKS 4, 1 uF as bypass before - sounded warm,fat and open.

Now with tantalum and ceramics bypassing the opamp, a bit cold and clear - the bypass close to the opamp is very important - don´t use a electrolyte there.

A conclusion to my experiments with the LME49990 on this DAC.

It is a very nice, and open sounding op-amp, very well suited to this DAC.

The LME49990 does not oscillate, if 3 good quality foil 1 uF caps are used, coupled directly to the DIP8 pins on the underside of the PCB, +/- and earth.

It may oscillate, because of capacitance in output cables - use 30-50 Ohm series resistance on the output, best way is directly on the protruding feedback resistors.

The LME49990 will overheat if anything over about +/- 10 Volts is applied.
I was using +/- 15 Volts, which will melt the adapter board.
It is rated at +/- 18 Volts, but will need liquid cooling for safe operations at that voltage.

Hey Guys,

I need your help right now :)

Currently i'm in the ordering process at mouser electronics for the BOM

Can I swap the 47uf 25v elna ROA Cerafine with silmic 2, as they are available at mouser's??

Further:

Which resistors can i use in the signal part?? They should be available at mouser.

It would be quite cool, if you could give me the part numbers from mouser, because i'm quite a noob..

greetings
knorst