DAC 2496 (AK4393) DAC KIT With CS8416+AK4393+5532 - Page 230 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2012, 11:11 PM   #2291
Peterma is offline Peterma  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default BOM Caps

Hi Clave, the Caps C23, C24 and C25 can you suggest an easy to get alternative to the ones on your BOM, because i Just dont trust what I see on ebay?
Old 4th December 2012, 08:26 AM   #2292
erin is offline erin  Australia
diyAudio Member

try here - its local + $15 shipping

or here with free shipping

or here with $10 or less shipping

Last edited by erin; 4th December 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:49 AM   #2293
diyAudio Member

No replies to biasing op-amps into class A - I thought this might generate some interest.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:52 AM   #2294
erin is offline erin  Australia
diyAudio Member

already been discussed quite a bit
Old 4th December 2012, 01:29 PM   #2295
diyAudio Member

Erin,
thanks for the link, unfortunately most comments were from theory not from practice. I was hoping someone would comment on the ccs route as per Audiologica. I wish I could read schematics as I would definately bias the op-amp in version 2 of this DAC I'm going to build. I have to admit that this mod interests me for my phono stage, which has op-amps.

Stuart
Old 4th December 2012, 05:21 PM   #2296
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I have a +- 15V regulated PS using LM317/337 combo. How about if I place it before the 12V regulators. Do you think that might be a idea? Also have a 7812 reg. which I can place before the 9V regulator on the board?
Also as i understand the most important changes may the onboard regulators, the Low pass Filter changes. Apart from this capacitor changes are listed but not sure which ones will be the best value. Any suggestions
Regards
Vinod
Old 4th December 2012, 05:41 PM   #2297
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodt1347 View Post
Hi,
I have a +- 15V regulated PS using LM317/337 combo. How about if I place it before the 12V regulators. Do you think that might be a idea? Also have a 7812 reg. which I can place before the 9V regulator on the board?
Also as i understand the most important changes may the onboard regulators, the Low pass Filter changes. Apart from this capacitor changes are listed but not sure which ones will be the best value. Any suggestions
Regards
Vinod
I'm not very technical and I'm just learning things along the way here, but have you considered just changing the resistors on the 317/337 board to get +/- 12v out? and omitting the 7812/7912 altogether?
Old 4th December 2012, 05:43 PM   #2298
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey Vinod, I really don't want to sound like a jerk or pry too deeply, but can you explain why you are taking this approach and not just doing the complete upgrade BOM? Dario would not have included anything that is not significant for the full enhancement of the DAC. So much is interactive and I fear you may be limiting your results by being so selective. If cost/budget is an issue, as it is with most of us, it would be nice to think that you plan to do the complete mod eventually.

Please, Not intended to offend.
Old 4th December 2012, 05:58 PM   #2299
diyAudio Member

Default No offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post
Hey Vinod, I really don't want to sound like a jerk or pry too deeply, but can you explain why you are taking this approach and not just doing the complete upgrade BOM? Dario would not have included anything that is not significant for the full enhancement of the DAC. So much is interactive and I fear you may be limiting your results by being so selective. If cost/budget is an issue, as it is with most of us, it would be nice to think that you plan to do the complete mod eventually.

Please, Not intended to offend.
Hi,

I can do the entire mod. Its just that I have limited time. So the idea was to 'pick the low lying fruit'. Will keep your suggestion in mind. Also finding it a strain to read all the 200+ pages of comments!!
Regards
Vinod
Old 4th December 2012, 06:24 PM   #2300
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks, that makes it much easier to understand what you are doing. It may also be helpful for the gurus to make more appropriate suggestions

Hide this!Advertise here!