Possible Parallel the AD1955?? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2003, 12:30 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to hatasa
Default Possible Parallel the AD1955??

I've got the Philips 963SA. I found someone said the AD1955 possible parallel together, is it true? Just as pig on the back?

Thanks!
Old 10th August 2003, 04:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

No one know that???
Old 11th August 2003, 08:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

From an audio signal perspective, you can parallell any current output DAC chip. What you have to watch, though is that the VREF (typically resistors -- halve the value for 2 in parallell or use separate paths to ground) are correctly applied and that you IV converter can handle the multiplied current (typically reduce the gain by N and make sure the analog filter response does not change.

The digital audio side of things: Most DAC chips seem quite happy to receive S/PDIF signal in parallell.

Now, the control side of things might not be so happy. Modern chips of the type you mention typically require significant programming. To my knowledge, most of these can go in parallell without any trouble.

Petter
Old 12th August 2003, 02:53 AM   #4
rexrex is offline rexrex  Algeria
diyAudio Member

dear all,

i think every one know hatasa have a website, but do everyone know he is the ownership of a company in HK,

www.audioxtension.com/rev/963sa/963.htm

please see this link, when he face problem in doing modificaation to CD player for customer he always ask question in here, but instead of interest, he collect information and opinions and earn money!

And in this link, he propose to parllel AD1955, but he ask you all how to parllel AD1955!
once he know how to do, he will promote to customer, and use sample from AD to earn money!

do we accept?
Old 12th August 2003, 03:55 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Thanks anyone whom really helped on me....

I need to clarify something,

1/. Yes! I am the owner of the company Audioxtension and working on the modification service.... I havent hide something on it or I use the other name here... I am not the stupid!

2/. I have never use the sample for the commerical use.... and I am not going to use the sample for earn money.... Please behave what you talking!

At the end of the article told I've got the sucessful on the replacement the upsampling part to the other chip --- AD1896. But that's not means I will going to provide that to others with the samples; if I need to do this, I will import the chips. AD just provide 1 or 2 pcs of the samples only... how can I possible to use "them" for the modification to my clients!

I never think that I will provide the service on parallel the DAC also.... Look it have to take risk and it is not easy! I asking about this becoz just wonder anybody really can do this or done already, that's all....

Sometimes I really mad that someone easy to say something make trouble to others on the web... I am asking what I need to know, and I also try my best to find the answer for other peoples asking here, am I doing something wrong? Is that I cant ask the questions about what I am working on?

I also provide the DSD direct connection with the zapfilter here and also provide the service manual of them.... it is also the important part of my business. I also share this kind of the important info from my company in here! I just what to share the experience to each other, Am I wrong?

Or you just mind that I am using the experience to earn money? I would like to know who can earning the money without the experience?

I've got shame here.... becoz the one who suspecting my goal is the Chinese..... Open you mind, comeon!

I will leave here if someone really feel not happy!
Old 12th August 2003, 06:39 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I don't see anything wrong with asking questions on a forum, and I don't care if it's business related or not. When the question is answered this becomes an info that can benefit not only the person who asked the question, but everybody else reading it.

So what kind of chip do you carry on your shoulder that your first post starts with a complaint on another member? Is it because he interferes with your business?
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 10th March 2008, 09:31 PM   #7
SunRa is offline SunRa  Romania
diyAudio Member

So how do you parallel a delta-sigma afterall? Accuphase is doing this with ad1955, APL is modding Esoteric with parallel AK4397 and if I am not mistaking, Anagram does this too.
Old 10th March 2008, 09:46 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SunRa
So how do you parallel a delta-sigma afterall? Accuphase is doing this with ad1955, APL is modding Esoteric with parallel AK4397 and if I am not mistaking, Anagram does this too.
The technique varies depending whether the device in question has a current or voltage output.
Old 11th March 2008, 06:57 PM   #9
SunRa is offline SunRa  Romania
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the reply rfbrw,

I suppose that in the case of current output I need a I/V stage for each DAC while in the case of voltage output the summing could be done straightforward through a resistor.

Could you help me with more details/examples?

How about the I2S input, how do you feed the DAC's?
Old 11th March 2008, 09:40 PM   #10
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rexrex

www.audioxtension.com/rev/963sa/963.htm
I can't see anything I see just something that looks like a parked domain.

Hide this!Advertise here!