Raysonic servo board/laser pk up repair(DIY)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you have cleaned the lens (carefully) and have you also cleaned and lightly regreased the mechanism??

The CD mechanism is the very common KSS-213 from Sony.
These are easy/cheap to obtain and change if cleaning has no effect.
(remember to unsolder the antistatic solder blob after fitting)

Andy

what happened is that the reading stage after you put the lid down does not spin and the display says "NO DISK" and then "ERROR"...I have tried several disks and unplugged several times with no avail
I was in contact with steven at raysonic and have these parts coming at his request.If they are easy to install,I will do it with the help of the DIY community of course.I love this player but not sure of some great easy upgrades without sending it to Parts Connection and paying $$$$ and I would rather not if the drive goes alot..I donnot really have a ton of hours on it.
thanks

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Never even heard of them :)
Fault finding follows a definite path though... also did you replace anything.

1. Does the lens do a focus search routine when the lid/drawer or whatever is closed or if you defeat the interlocks etc. The spindle motor should not spin at this stage.

2. Can you see (looking from a distance) the laser lighting during focus search, it will be a dim red glow.

3. With the power off, if you manually turn the sled so that the pickup is moved toward the outer part of its travel and then power up and close lid etc does the sled return to the center. That proves more than you might think.

If all that is OK than the laser is possibly the first suspect without doing more involved tests such as laser current and confirmation of the FOK (focus OK) signal.

did you ever get this fixed?

Hi

I have a Raysonic cd128 with very few hours on it that has also developed this fault - did you ever get yours fixed - and if it was the servo boards - is this part a generic Sony part or do I have to try to track it down from Raysonic.

Cheers

actually,the 6 moons review shows alot of pics of the insides of the Raysonic CD-128

I can't seem to find where to buy the complete drive...do they have a suitable replacement unit or does it have to employ the rl-s881?
Is the blob in question circled in my pic? Thanks

Attachments

• 20151212_092813.jpg
    20151212_092813.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Can't honestly tell from the picture... it looks more like an SMD capacitor in that shot.

I thought it was a KSS type pickup (post #4) an so I would actually have to examine one of these to see exactly what it used. Not all pickups do have a shorting blob, and generally those with on-board electronics are the ones that don't... and this looks to be of that type judging by the large flexiprint connector.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If the drawer won't close then it sounds as though something untoward has happened. The laser (if it were shorted by a blob) would not affect the drawer operation.

To remove all doubt it might be worth just quickly putting the old pickup back, but whatever has happened, its not the laser diode as such causing the drawer problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.