Looking For Audio Alchemy Power Supply Pinout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Audio Alchemy Digital Drive Controller and Digital Drive Transport and am looking for the voltage output of the power supply. This supply contains only a transformer and has two 5-pin connectors (red and black) - one for each of the units. One of the connectors has the center pin removed (unless mine is broken). I am specifically looking for the voltage on the DDC connector.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I have a DDE v3.0 dac (like this one in the pic), and it uses a PSU with +/-18V and +/-8V.
It has two ground pins (the center pin is one of them).
The original PSU is not regulated and I did one myself.
I don´t have the pinout here with me, I'm not at home, but if the PSU is ok you can measure with a multimeter, that's what I've done.
I don't know if your PSU has the same pinout as my dac, you really should measure it.

Attachments

• aa3.0.jpg
    aa3.0.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 514
Thanks Carlos - I believe this is a different beast altogether, though. I do suspect it is the transformer that is bad and am looking for the pinouts to replace this transformer with another. The voltages listed are: 1.19, 2.32, 3.4VAC.

Attachments

• aaps.jpg
    aaps.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 584
Hmmm....

Wow Moamps,
Maybe I missed the obvious!!! :eek:
I guess what I mistook for a decimal could be a colon - ie (as you suggested):

1 : 19VAC
2 : 32VAC
3 : 4VAC

Makes more sense - although I justified the low voltages in my head because don't the voltages I originally thought rectify to 2, 4, and just over 5VDC?

Now to figure out what voltage goes to which pin. Thanks for the observations guys!!!

Re: Transformer Source??

jcsveth said:
Well, on to the next question. Does anyone have a source for transformers with these values? How exact do you think these need to be - could a 20VAC XFormer replace the 19VAC? A 34VAC for the 32VAC?.

I buy my transformers under request on a factory here in Portugal.
I ask them anything I whant, and they make it.
I'm sure you'll find something like this in the USA.
You can ask for a transformer with exatly those voltages.

Hope you can clear something out for me.

I have had the pleasure of receiving the Audio Alchemy Digital Transport from a friend who didn't know how to use it.

Now here is my question:
This transport has no powersupply, and I could see hat you were talking about pinouts and voltages.

Can anyone clearify what connections needs what voltages?

Attachments

• 1095518142.jpg
    1095518142.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 352
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.