Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th February 2018, 07:26 AM   #2381
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspirou View Post
I've looking for DACs to practice my SMD soldering and this looks like a nice open source project. Are there PCBs availible?
I have AWDSP boards available with ADA DSP and Microcontroller already soldered, which is bit too much for a novice anyway.
Old 5th February 2018, 07:35 AM   #2382
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Can you do TQFP144 with your tools? If so i may be able to help you out with boards.

BÝrge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspirou View Post
I've looking for DACs to practice my SMD soldering and this looks like a nice open source project. Are there PCBs availible?
Old 5th February 2018, 03:18 PM   #2383
cspirou is offline cspirou  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borges View Post
Can you do TQFP144 with your tools? If so i may be able to help you out with boards.

BÝrge
Yes I can. I have a reflow oven and SMD rework station. Have done a lot of smaller no-lead chips and looking for something more challenging
Old 20th April 2018, 02:19 PM   #2384
keantoken is offline keantoken  United States
diyAudio Member

I need a good ADC for measurements, I was looking into the SDR-widget. I was thinking maybe I could connect the I2S bus to a USB board like the Amanero. What do you suggest?
Old 21st April 2018, 04:48 AM   #2385
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

??? The Audio Widget is a USB interface ??? Maybe I don't quite understand what you are asking for? How good an ADC are you after? Build or buy? Big project or just need to get to work measuring?

The SDR widget is a USB Audio Class 2 interface for an AK5394A. You could build it. I think you need to make boards and flash the USB chip to get it going. The original supply are long gone. There are few comparable alternatives.

Open-source USB interface: Audio WidgetHide this!Advertise here!