Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget

Thanks MrSlim. I'll give it a try. I've been running Linux since 1.0 in mid 90'es in some form so no need for simplicity. But thanks for the warning. I started with 386BSD after I found the series in DDJ. But moved quite fast to FreeBSD after the company got an Internet connection.

Un update on my troubles with audiowidget on my mac OSX10.6.8 (story is a few posts back here)

I wrote to Nicholas (hoping he as some good hints for me) and tried amarra, puremusic and soundflower: I can control the volume on those programs but still no output and in the mid panel the volume is disabled and set to zero.

I will test the DAC on the latest iMac tomorrow/end of this week and next week I will have a new win laptop to try with.

Thanks
Gianluca

OK, I didn't settle for the Voyage. I choose a fat one, Mint Linux and it's an debian based, UAC2 capable kernel (2.6.38-8 with probably every device between heaven and hell compiled in - first thing is to put it to diet and create a customized kernel), distro and well, now I'm going to be beaten up, a bit like ubuntu but more in the forefront of things ;-). I have now both vista and mint on the emachines. Tomorrow I will read up on the AVR env needed for Linux. Someone kind may if you have the time give me a link or two on what is needed.

Brgds

Last edited:
Hi Gianiuca:

1. I think the best approach is to try on your new Win machine first before going back to the Mac.

2. Go to the sdr-widget - Audio and Control Interface for Amateur Radio SDR and Audiophile USB-DAC - Google Project Hosting

Find the "download" page and download and install the ADWGT... And SDRWDGT.... Drivers. Download the windows version of the WidgetControl tool.

3. Then run the WidgetControl tool and report the result.

4. The next step may be re-flashing the firmware, but wait till you have done step 3 above.

Alex

Now, what do you say about this output?
---
turbon@Minty ~/AVR $ ./progwidget audio-widget-nik-20111023.elf
program-widget with audio-widget-nik-20111023.elf
target: at32uc3a3256
chip_id: 0x2ff1
vendor_id: 0x03eb
command: erase
quiet: false
debug: 6
device_type: AVR32
------ command specific below ------
validate: true
----

The true part looks very nice but does it mean it worked?

This one is also promising output from dmesg - last line:

[ 1153.168062] usb 5-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 8

Now, how do I choose this one for audio output?

Brgds

Last edited: