Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2011, 01:24 PM   #51
diyAudio Member

Hi Borge & Zelter,

If Zelter is very keen, you can sell one of my two ordered units to him. I will just take delivery of one unit.

I can wait for the AB-2 :-)

Alex
Old 6th May 2011, 01:29 PM   #52
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Okay Alex. That is possible. AB-1 and the module itself are $120 + shipping. With the Hammond box (which Alex paid for in both the two kits reserved for him) it is $147. I suggest the two of you sort out the money and let me know where to send stuff.

What would you like to see on AB-2? I'm planning to use the same AB-1 PCB on the next batch. Perhaps with revised clock muxing. But changes will probably only be in BOM to save the cost of a new paste printing stencil.

BÝrge
Old 6th May 2011, 01:42 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Hi Borge & Zelter:

Zelter can PayPal $147 to me: alexlee188 att gmail dott com, and the shipping cost to Borge. Once I receive payment, I'll notify Borge.

Alex

P.S.
btw, I am working on a customized firmware to interface with the Windows uac2 driver that is being developed by Tsai. The customized usb descriptors are here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8145461/audi...clock%20source
Old 6th May 2011, 01:54 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Hi Borge,

For AB-2, I would actually like to have the PCM1794A, preferably with dual-mono configuration, and powered by LiPO4 batteries re-charged via the USB :-)

Alex
Old 6th May 2011, 02:14 PM   #55
nikkov is offline nikkov  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlee188 View Post
btw, I am working on a customized firmware to interface with the Windows uac2 driver that is being developed by Tsai.
Hi Alex!
It's good news! Btw, what about support asyncronous UAC 1.0 for Windows? It's not too difficult.
Old 6th May 2011, 02:40 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

Hi Nikolay,

Yes, please help with the uac1 async coding. Email Andrea to put your name in developers list at the github repo and u can start :-)

Our unified firmware supports uac1, uac2, multiple boards, different ADC and DAC's etc, and the image that is booted can be selected via a GUI program on the PC host, or via a rotary encoder/LCD screen connected to the widget.

Alex
Old 6th May 2011, 04:59 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

For AB-2, I would really like to see coax and optical S/PDIF transmitters on board. I think that would please a lot of people, because then if someone wanted a different DAC, but still wanted to use your simply lovely UAC2 chip, they would be able to without having to build a board themselves.

I don't think the chips would take up much board space either. It's a pretty simple design, basically a reference implementation of any of the I2S to S/PDIF converters, or just outputting S/PDIF data directly with firmware. Maybe this can already be done with AB-1 and some creative wiring/firmware.
Old 9th May 2011, 07:02 AM   #58
diyAudio Member

Hello Alex, hello BÝrge,

thanks for your offer. Will send $147 to Alex by Paypal.

Best Regards

Zelter
Old 10th May 2011, 01:30 PM   #59
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelter View Post
Hello Alex, hello BÝrge,

thanks for your offer. Will send $147 to Alex by Paypal.

Best Regards

Zelter
Hi Zelter, could you PM me your address? Box is ready to go in the mail.

Borge
Old 12th May 2011, 09:21 PM   #60
diyAudio Member

Hi
I received the enclosure and end plates for the USB9022 and thought you would like a peek at the finished product.
The 'phones are 250ohm DT880 and the board will drive them but you won't be bleeding from your eardrums with the volume.

http://www.yoyodyneconsulting.ca/ima...029-scaled.JPG

http://www.yoyodyneconsulting.ca/ima...030-scaled.JPG

http://www.yoyodyneconsulting.ca/ima...032-scaled.JPG

George

Hide this!Advertise here!