Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 228 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th November 2013, 03:18 PM   #2271
diyAudio Member

Default widget problem

hi guys, i have one small problem with widet, it seems to be working. flashing fimrmware was succesfull and after flashing is possible to fing widget in foobar and is possible play with widget but ..... when i disconnect widget from usb and after i connect it again widges is recognized as a AT32UC3 device in dev. manager is possible that fuses are wrong? i flashed 4 types of fw and it is the same situation..... all firmwares works but when i unplug dedget it is recognized as a AT32... not as a audio device please help me
Old 9th January 2014, 02:29 AM   #2272
diyAudio Member

this thread has been quite for a while, now.

just checking in to see the status of the firmware. is it considered 'done' now? is it free of all metallic sounds, at this point?
Old 9th January 2014, 06:41 AM   #2273
amb is offline amb  United States
diyAudio Member

Is any software project ever truly "done"?
Old 9th January 2014, 01:04 PM   #2274
Dendri is offline Dendri  Italy
diyAudio Member

new firmware see

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...et/vnTWBsf-m00
Old 9th January 2014, 01:06 PM   #2275
Dendri is offline Dendri  Italy
diyAudio Member

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...et/vnTWBsf-m00
Old 10th January 2014, 01:29 PM   #2276
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to UnixMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxworks View Post
just checking in to see the status of the firmware. is it considered 'done' now? is it free of all metallic sounds, at this point?
when it comes to software/firmware, 'done' would be a synonym for 'dead'. Quite the contrary: the project is alive and healthy. Firmware updates with improvements, bug fixes, etc are still coming out every now and then.

My old AB-1.1 have been (and is still) working flawlessly ever since for me, though some nice improvement have come with later versions of the firmware.

On some (other) system/software combinations some problems have been occasionally reported. AFAIK, all of the known problems should have been fixed by the latest release:

https://github.com/borgestrand/widget_binaries

https://github.com/borgestrand/widget_binaries/blob/master/audio-widget-20131208clean_RC.elf

Last edited by UnixMan; 10th January 2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12th January 2014, 10:25 AM   #2277
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

There are few things on the functional todo list at the moment.

Adding DSD functionality has been discussed on the mailing list. I can help out, but I'd prefer to not be the guy who dives down deep into the AVR32 serial port and DMA code.

The revision numbering scheme could also improve. At the moment the firmware doesn't really know which version it is is. However, the .elf files are named quite clearly.

BÝrge
Old 13th January 2014, 05:47 AM   #2278
amb is offline amb  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borges View Post
Adding DSD functionality has been discussed on the mailing list.
That would be me! It would really be a great feature to have, DSD over USB is all the rage now. The open standard for DSD over USB looks straightforward and ought to be easy to implement.
DoP open Standard | DSD-Guide.com

Quote:
I can help out, but I'd prefer to not be the guy who dives down deep into the AVR32 serial port and DMA code.
So who would be the most familiar with that code to lend a hand?
Old 20th January 2014, 07:39 PM   #2279
gabita is offline gabita  Romania
diyAudio Member

Hello I have the qnktc for 1 year and a few months, no problems on macbook pro, i made some little improvements: used an external Psu with LT1763 regulator, silver usb cable. I am wondering if there is any chance to add a software volume control? (in system preferences it says that "The selected device has no output control". Sometimes I am listening music with Amarra, and navigate on web with safari and some pages have flash player with the volume set on high and it's annoying
Old 7th March 2014, 08:30 PM   #2280
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,

the USB DAC has been gathering a bit of a following lately :-) The latest review is here: QNKTC AB-1.2 | The Ear

BÝrge

Hide this!Advertise here!