Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 212 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2013, 04:03 PM   #2111
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopeboy View Post
Are you happy with the WM8804? I have some CS8406 somewhere, but I'd use the WM8804 if you've already tested it and got good results.
I've been using my own wm8804/5 chip on the AW for several months now without any problems at all. at all SR's too.
Old 4th February 2013, 04:12 PM   #2112
diyAudio Member

The WM8804 looks even more attractive now that I've searched my chip drawer, I appear to have lost the CS8406s.
Old 5th February 2013, 02:58 PM   #2113
Dendri is offline Dendri  Italy
diyAudio Member

updating the firmware on my ab1.1 was locked, LED interior and exterior off. Removing from the batch command erase f and blankcheck seems to begin to plan,read bootloader1.03 , but then does not complete the program. I use to force a jtag or something? There is a simple project to build it? I'm from Naples. thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 06:43 PM   #2114
starn02 is offline starn02  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi everybody,
what are the latest news about the high frequency noise issues on windows?
Is the firmware unchanged recently?

From my side I can tell you that in the last days I've been using the board (a stock 1.1) exclusively with a macbook pro (in UAC2) without a single issue at every sample rate, even for listening sessions during entire afternoons ....
Now I'm using an Ipad 1 with the board connected via a powered hub and a "camera connection kit" ... only at 44100, but it sounds wonderful, no problem at all ...
My conclusions are that the firmware is Ok, completely OK, and that under windows there are still problems if we don't use the asio driver ....
Do other guys confirm this?
Old 11th February 2013, 08:01 PM   #2115
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,

I have uploaded a new build of the Windows ASIO driver and WidgetControl at:

AWSetup_20130211.zip

Major updates:

1) Built with libusbK 3.0.5.16
2) Improved Windows 8 support
3) Increased stability for 44.1/88.2/176.4 playback

It came about because there was a report of malfunction on a Win8 system. This update works on his computer now, and it installs nicely on my development box (Win7-64).

BÝrge

Last edited by borges; 11th February 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11th February 2013, 08:05 PM   #2116
diyAudio Member

Hi Starn,

The latest firmware at audio_widget_20130202.elf
seems to be stable on all platforms except Mac+UAC1 (which frankly doesn't matter all that much).

The Windows ASIO driver (my previous post) has received a little stability fix which wasn't critical, and now makes UAC2 on Windows behave more like it does on Linux and Mac.

As before, to use UAC2 on Windows you need the driver, and playback only works from ASIO enabled player software. On UAC1 music is played back with the stock Windows USB audio driver, but if you need the control interface (WidgetControl), or if you don't want driver installation error messages, install the Windows driver even on UAC1.

BÝrge

Quote:
Originally Posted by starn02 View Post
Hi everybody,
what are the latest news about the high frequency noise issues on windows?
Is the firmware unchanged recently?

From my side I can tell you that in the last days I've been using the board (a stock 1.1) exclusively with a macbook pro (in UAC2) without a single issue at every sample rate, even for listening sessions during entire afternoons ....
Now I'm using an Ipad 1 with the board connected via a powered hub and a "camera connection kit" ... only at 44100, but it sounds wonderful, no problem at all ...
My conclusions are that the firmware is Ok, completely OK, and that under windows there are still problems if we don't use the asio driver ....
Do other guys confirm this?
Old 11th February 2013, 08:12 PM   #2117
diyAudio Member

Do you have a multimeter? Could you check if the output from the regulator is 3.3V or 5.0V? (This is TP27, 4th pin from the top near the edge of the AB-1.x.)

Some early units had 5.0V bug which wasn't detected. If your board has this, I'll send you a new module.

BÝrge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendri View Post
updating the firmware on my ab1.1 was locked, LED interior and exterior off. Removing from the batch command erase f and blankcheck seems to begin to plan,read bootloader1.03 , but then does not complete the program. I use to force a jtag or something? There is a simple project to build it? I'm from Naples. thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 01:13 PM   #2118
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to UnixMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by borges View Post
The latest firmware at audio_widget_20130202.elf
seems to be stable on all platforms except Mac+UAC1 (which frankly doesn't matter all that much).
I'm afraid that people with older Macs wouldn't agree with that, as they can't use UAC2...
Old 12th February 2013, 01:20 PM   #2119
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnixMan View Post
I'm afraid that people with older Macs wouldn't agree with that, as they can't use UAC2...
Do you know if those older MACs support _asynchronous_ UAC1? When I run UAC1 on my plain-Jane Mountain Lion install on a 2010 MacBook, the UAC1 feedback mechanism isn't working.

If you have any ideas on why it isn't working on ML, let me know and we can try to fix it there first, then check it out on older Macs.

With a Bitscope or similar it's easy to debug the feedback.

BÝrge
Old 12th February 2013, 03:55 PM   #2120
Dendri is offline Dendri  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borges View Post
Do you have a multimeter? Could you check if the output from the regulator is 3.3V or 5.0V? (This is TP27, 4th pin from the top near the edge of the AB-1.x.)

Some early units had 5.0V bug which wasn't detected. If your board has this, I'll send you a new module.

BÝrge
TP27 3.3V !!!
since the LED always off I'm not sure that enters the program mode .
by removing batch command erase f and blankcheck seems to begin to plan, reads from usb and says
bootloader1.0.3,
prog pass 0x00000 0x1ca8f
verify fail at 0x02006
how can I do?
With fimware that I put before the metallic sound was not feeling almost never
audio_widget_20121004_AB-1.2 I regret having updated hello Borge
my bad English comes from google translator

Hide this!Advertise here!