Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 211 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2013, 09:14 PM   #2101
diyAudio Member

I posted my findings over in the Raspberry Pi thread:
Raspberry Pi -A New DIY'ers Digital Hub?

With the config I posted there, as far as I can see it is glitch-free as long as there are no USB1.x devices in the system. But if one is connected, such as a keyboard, it'll cause the occasional pop even if you never press any keys. This means I have to scrap my USB HID user interface.

However it is so easy to control from a smartphone or tablet, that I'm questioning whether I needed the UI in the first place.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:31 PM   #2102
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

The driver source code has been modified for Win+ASIO at 44.1/88.2/176.4 to behave more like UAC2 on Linux and Mac. The updated driver causes fewer sample rate corrections to occur.

Please test on various Windows platforms. If this turns out to be stable and good I'll pack it into an installer as well. For now it's just a new .dll file which goes on top of an existing installation.

Download and instructions: http://code.google.com/p/sdr-widget/...e=asiouac2.dll

Updated code: https://github.com/nikkov/Win-Widget/tree/master/uaclib

BÝrge

Last edited by borges; 22nd January 2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 24th January 2013, 08:52 PM   #2103
diyAudio Member

Update: I've done hours and hours of 44.1 testing on Linux, Mac and Win+ASIO. The three now seem to behave very similarly. To stabilize the host the firmware never seems to have to increase or decrease its reported frequency by more than five steps of 64 in the same direction. Normally 2-3 steps are sufficient.

BÝrge
Old 25th January 2013, 12:46 PM   #2104
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to UnixMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by borges View Post
Update: I've done hours and hours of 44.1 testing on Linux, Mac and Win+ASIO. The three now seem to behave very similarly. [...]
UAC1 or UAC2? (since you're talking about ASIO, I guess the latter)

With which firmware version? audio_widget_20130113.elf or some new experimental one?

What about 48/96/192 ?
Old 25th January 2013, 12:56 PM   #2105
diyAudio Member

It's the Windows driver on UAC2. The updated .dll should work with most firmware versions.

The driver used to operate very differently on 44.1*2^n and 48*2^n. On the latter it used to be a lot like Linux and Mac, on the former it required frequent correction. With the modified code all modes look like they do on Linux and Mac.

BÝrge
Old 4th February 2013, 11:34 AM   #2106
diyAudio Member

Any tips on adding a SPDIF output to the AB-1.2 DAC? I know SPDIF is evil but I want to build another of these Raspberry Pi things for my other system, and it has digital room correction, so needs a digital input.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:46 AM   #2107
diyAudio Member

Follow my signature and check out the ES9012/18 prototype section :-)

The AB-1.12 / 1.13 prototype boards have SPDIF TX options. The only downside is that you'll have to assemble the analog board yourself.

BÝrge
Old 4th February 2013, 01:42 PM   #2108
diyAudio Member

Are you happy with the WM8804? I have some CS8406 somewhere, but I'd use the WM8804 if you've already tested it and got good results.
Old 4th February 2013, 01:44 PM   #2109
diyAudio Member

I haven't tested it thoroughly. But it played anything I fed it right out of the box.

Borge
Old 4th February 2013, 02:03 PM   #2110
diyAudio Member

Cool :-) But before I do that, I ought to try hooking up a separate analog power supply to the AB-1.2 I already have.

Have you tried disabling the charge pump on the AK4430 and feeding it with an external negative supply?

Hide this!Advertise here!