Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 199 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2012, 09:02 AM   #1981
diyAudio Member

AFAIK all the commits to audio-widget branch since Aug this were from you Borges :-)
Old 12th December 2012, 09:08 AM   #1982
diyAudio Member

I'm just trying to help Zumbik to get 192k working under Linux. As I said I have had no problems with 192k and 176.4k music at all and I have been using the audio-widget branch firmware.

(I do have problems on 88.2k (and may be other sampling rates, not tested) with the latest commits using the audio-widget-experimental branch though, EVEN AFTER reverting your removing of the linux fix in a local branch.)

So to remove another variable coming from all your changes in the experimental branch, I thought it would be good to let Zumbik try something not so experimental :-)
Old 12th December 2012, 09:11 AM   #1983
diyAudio Member

I have found Zumbik's command:

watch -n 1 "cat /proc/asound/card1/stream0"

to be useful so I have just added it to:

watch-card1.sh

in the audio-widget branch :-)
Old 12th December 2012, 09:16 AM   #1984
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

So your build of audio-widget was without any code changes?

This is why we call the branch experimental :-) I've been toying with a feedback simulator I wrote in Octave and moved the code which did the best job there into the firmware.

BÝrge
Old 12th December 2012, 02:33 PM   #1985
zumbik is offline zumbik  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi all,
1) I can live without the 192k for linux ... yet
2) I seriously wonder about construction of the RS232 interface on AB1.2 board. We have a lot os environments. Probably none of us are not aware what's exactly going on inside AB-1.2 when are having problems in the sound. If I understand correctly, rs232 logs should show where the problem is? How can I build environment for tests?
Borges, whether you make HOWTO?
Then my logs will be yours ...
Old 12th December 2012, 02:44 PM   #1986
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hi Zumbik,

if you populate the RS232 amplifier, set your terminal to 57.6kbaud and plug it in, the debug port should come alive!

First of all you'll need a build environment. See Line 621 and onwards in the Readme file in my signature. Then you can start adding debug messages and building your own code.

I believe a single putchar is harmless because the UART is double buffered. But if you output character #2 before the 1st is sent, things start to take more time because the 1st one hasn't yet left the MCU.

BÝrge
Old 12th December 2012, 03:00 PM   #1987
zumbik is offline zumbik  Europe
diyAudio Member

Ok, it looks like black magic, yet ...
I understand that it makes sense and will give us the an explanation of trouble?
Old 12th December 2012, 03:04 PM   #1988
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

Before you launch into changing the code please make sure everything else is working right.

I have a collection of different sample rate files (most from Gimmel) tthat are stored as wave file I can play using aplay. This remove many. Moving parts from the chain. If you have pulseaudio you may need to shut it down to access alsa.

You need recent alsa or a recent Kernel for this to work OK. I am using 3.6.6 but I will migrate to 3.7 soon. 2.6.32 would be the oldest I think.

I have had no problems with any sample rate or transistion with 3.6.6 and mpd.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 12th December 2012, 08:57 PM   #1989
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

Here is where to get the Gimell test files: Gimell Records - Free Trial Downloads 1

I find them very useful tools.
Old 13th December 2012, 08:47 AM   #1990
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to UnixMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1audio View Post
You need recent alsa or a recent Kernel for this to work OK. I am using 3.6.6 but I will migrate to 3.7 soon. 2.6.32 would be the oldest I think.
no. The ALSA version included in Linux kernel 2.6.32 does not support UAC2 (unless an out-of-three, newer ALSA is used). The first "vanilla" kernel which should work is 2.6.38.

Hide this!Advertise here!