Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 192 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2012, 08:02 PM   #1911
zumbik is offline zumbik  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjodcv View Post
this others versions that i tested works fine:
audio-widget-20120428.elf
audio-widget_20120721.elf
Hi All,

in my case, all versions of firmware work the same way (metallic sounds on all fw).
Only the latest version of audio_widget_20121004_AB-1.2.elf sounds different.
Is significantly more silent at 192/24 (UAC2) and only at this sample rates appears metallic sounds.
My OS: Linux, kernel: 3.2.0-32-generic x86_64

Zumbik
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:28 PM   #1912
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I observed weird behavior of the LEDs on the USB-I2S module in the occurrence of metallic sounds.

You can see and hear This here.

I hope that movie it will be helpful...
Old 29th November 2012, 11:45 AM   #1913
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to UnixMan
That's strange. I never had a problem on Linux (with just about any firmware version since long time ago), except when (by accident) I did set a wrong configuration via the "widget_control" GUI. Could you post a screen shot of "widget_control"? (immediately after start-up, without changing anything)
Old 29th November 2012, 12:40 PM   #1914
diyAudio Member

I've also not had any problem on Linux.. Check that you don't have any high priority processes interrupting things. Check that you aren't trying to push or pull other data over USB while playing music, including USB rodents.
Old 29th November 2012, 03:28 PM   #1915
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnixMan View Post
Could you post a screen shot of "widget_control"? (immediately after start-up, without changing anything)
Currently I have firmware audio_widget_20121004_AB-1.2.elf
However, this problem still exists.

Screen shot of the widget (with windows). In attachment...
Is it possible to check this on the linux console without @#% M$ ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisnight View Post
Check that you don't have any high priority processes interrupting things.
Check that you aren't trying to push or pull other data over USB while playing music, including USB rodents.
I have only one high-priority processes: my player (XBMC)

USB connected devices:
Code:
root@music:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 16d0:075d GrauTec
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0403:c630 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd lcd2usb interface
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 0bc7:0006 X10 Wireless Technology, Inc. Wireless Transceiver (ACPI-compliant)
Today I will look into this problem on mpd player without xbmc.bin process
Attached Images
File Type: jpg widgetControl_fw_20121004.JPG (43.0 KB, 156 views)
Old 30th November 2012, 08:28 AM   #1916
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbik View Post
Screen shot of the widget (with windows). In attachment...
Is it possible to check this on the linux console without @#% M$ ?
Yes, there is a widget control program for Linux (and other systems, too). Though it will not work on the console. You'll need an X11 display (*).

It's the one written in Python: "WidgetControl.py" and related files. Download them from the git repository:

Po_SWR_board_beta.JPG
WidgetControl.py
WidgetControl.rsrc.py

Save these three files in the same dir, leaving the file names exactly as they are, including capitalization.

The main program is "WidgetControl.py". Make it executable: "chmod +rx WidgetControl.py".

"WidgetControl.rsrc.py" is a library used by the main program; the other file is an image which is used by the GUI.

To make it work you'll need a working Python installation with some extra libraries. You'll need the "PythonCard", "wx" and "usb" modules.

On a recent Debian system, these are the package that must be installed:

python
python-pythoncard
python-usb
python-wxgtk2.8 ( or python-wxgtk2.6 )
python-wxversion
pythoncard
pythoncard-tools

(on other distributions/versions the package names may be different).

That is, if you use Debian or a derived system (such as Voyage, and perhaps also *Ubuntu, etc) you may give the command:

Code:
apt-get install pythoncard python-usb
(this will also bring in all the others as dependencies. Of course it must be run as root: use su/sudo).

Edit:

(*) P.S.: BÝrge, Alex et all: it would be a nice idea to write a CLI version of the tool (no GUI/TUI) which may be used from the command line on any console, and useable also from a script!

Last edited by UnixMan; 30th November 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 30th November 2012, 01:28 PM   #1917
diyAudio Member

Thank you UnixMan, great FAQ.
Long time I was looking for appropriate distribution for my project... I have Ubuntu installed with mini.iso, also I have an X11 installed, XBMC needs this.

My hardware:
I started on the Intel Atom DualCore DN2800MT Mini ITX, but finished with AMD Dual-Core Zacate E350 APU.

But back to my problem ... I could not find a solution.

In this particular 192/24 album, I have five files. Three of them act badly in the linux os.
MPD did not even reads these "broken".
XBMC as on youtube, but what is strange, Windows 7 64 + foobar2000 reads all without any problem.

Completely can not understand why this happens.

It is the only 192/24 album I have, so I do not able to make more tests
Old 30th November 2012, 05:34 PM   #1918
diyAudio Member

I use widgetcontrol. It is a gui less tool. You can list all the features with the -l flag and set features with the -s flag.
Old 30th November 2012, 09:53 PM   #1919
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbik View Post
In this particular 192/24 album, I have five files. Three of them act badly in the linux os.
MPD did not even reads these "broken".
well, this is suspicious. May be they are somehow corrupted? Which format are they?

Try to convert them to another format, e.g to decompress to wav files if they are compressed, or compress them if they are uncompressed (of course using a lossless codec such as flac).

You may use "flac", WavPack (files .wv), "mac" (monkeys-audio, files .ape), etc. Or you may also use tools such as shntool or SoX.

You may also want to open them with some audio editor such as Audacity and check the spectrograms, etc.

BTW: you say you are using Ubuntu: do you have properly configured PulseAudio or completely removed (uninstalled) it?

Last edited by UnixMan; 30th November 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 30th November 2012, 10:04 PM   #1920
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisnight View Post
I use widgetcontrol. It is a gui less tool. You can list all the features with the -l flag and set features with the -s flag.
Oh! Interesting, thanks. I missed that one.

Is it up-to-date with recent firmware changes?

Hide this!Advertise here!