Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 185 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th October 2012, 09:14 PM   #1841
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxury54 View Post
I am using a TDA1541A DAC in NOS mode (Non Over Samling)
It may not work in DACs relying on the i2s clocks for conversion instead of a master clock. i dont know 1541A enough to say whether it will work or not.

Quote:
so my second question is - does this DSP make some kind of processing to the signal like oversampling or upsampling?
No processing。

Quote:
]
my 3-rd and last question is - will I be able to use a custom made 11.2896 clock and slave the "transport" (the PC in this case) with it without using the XO's that are on-board? and if the answer is yes, which pin of the DSP accepts external clock input?
The.XOs are NOT on.the.usb-i2s module. They.are supplied by the analog board (ie the DAC.board).

Alex
Old 4th October 2012, 09:21 PM   #1842
diyAudio Member

Hi Bo-Eric,

The.current widgets are stereo only. The sdr-widget is stereo in and stereo out.

Multichannel widgets are in the planning stage and we dont have any design yet.

Alex
Old 16th October 2012, 03:46 AM   #1843
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

There have been some large changes to the AB-1.2 (and related) USB DAC lately. Noise problems which have bothered some have been significantly reduced, perhaps even eliminated completely. In addition, the AB-1.2 now has updated USB PID/VID/ID strings so that it now identifies itself more correctly towards a computer.

These changes are in AB-1.2 firmware and in the Windows driver.

All new kits are sent out with these changes. If you have an old AB-1.1 or AB-1.2 it is possible to update them with new firmware.

To use the changes you must first install new firmware from:
http://code.google.com/p/sdr-widget/...004_AB-1.2.elf

The installation of new firmware in the AB-1.2 is described in section "Installing new firmware - Windows" in
https://github.com/amontefusco/sdr-w.../AW_readme.txt

On Windows you must un-install the old ASIO driver and install the latest version. See
http://www.qnktc.com/Win_cleanup.pdf
and
http://www.qnktc.com/Win_install.pdf

All of this takes a bit of an effort but should work itself out if you follow the instructions.

Cheers
BÝrge

Last edited by borges; 16th October 2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 17th October 2012, 08:23 PM   #1844
cyteen is offline cyteen  England
diyAudio Member

I've just updated to the 1.2 firmware on a 1.1 widget. Initially the WidgetControl.py complained because of vendorid and productid it didn't recognise but seemed fine when I added them.

It showed uac1_dg8saq when it first started and there is a green led showing on the widget. I could change the setting to uac2_dg8saq before pushing 'Start USB' but the led remains green.

I'm right in assuming it is still in uac1 mode?
Old 17th October 2012, 08:28 PM   #1845
diyAudio Member

Have you installed the new PC drivers as well? I don't know if the .py version of WidgetControl is 100% updated with new PIDs. On Windows the .exe version looks like the attachment.

Please make your settings align with what is shown in the screenshot. On Windows you should start it out as UAC1 and then change it to UAC2. On other OSes that shouldn't matter. A red front light means UAC2, green=UAC1.

BÝrge
Attached Images
File Type: png w.png (39.9 KB, 221 views)
Old 17th October 2012, 09:36 PM   #1846
diyAudio Member

Not having access to a windows box I use the python script.

Having added the PID to the WidgetControl.py and used it to match the settings in your post I now have a red light and sound on my 1.1 with 1.2 firmware.

Thanks.
Old 18th October 2012, 04:59 AM   #1847
diyAudio Member

Did you mod your old .py code or pull it from git? An updated but untested .py script is there.

BÝrge
Old 18th October 2012, 07:53 AM   #1848
diyAudio Member

I did a git clone and changed that one. There are a few issues with the pull down settings as well but rebuilding is an issue as it requires avr32-gcc and I'm on a 64bit machine.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:31 PM   #1849
starn02 is offline starn02  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Support for recoding in new firmwares

Hi everybody,
I have an AB 1.1, and would like to upgrade to the new firmware.
If I understood well the new audio_widget_20121004_AB-1.2.elf is good also for my hardware, right?

Moreover I would also like to add an ADC to my board, it should be simple (I took a look at the schematic).
Can you tell me if the new firmware support also audio recording in UAC2? Is there any setting needed to activate it?

In the past I tried to take a look at the source code, but there are a lot of different versions, and really got lost. I understand that some version have also recording (maybe disabled by default).
My aim is to use the board also for recording in UAC2 under windows.
Any help?
Thank you.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:24 PM   #1850
diyAudio Member

You should look at the audio-widget-experimental branch of the firmware. Look at the readme file (link in signature) for instuctions on how to download fw from git.

I don't actually have any ADCs connected to my hardware, so I haven't really tested.

BÝrge

Hide this!Advertise here!