Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 145 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2012, 09:55 PM   #1441
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbon View Post
When will this be available? Somewhere it was sais that we get the 1.12 and 1.13 boards in one kit...
Brgds
You do. They're on one combined FR4 panel, actually. Last thing I heard was that it would be sent around April 12. I'm crossing my fingers that the boards and the assembled modules in the same batch will all be good.

BÝrge
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:27 AM   #1442
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to audiodesign Send a message via Skype™ to audiodesign
I sell one USB-I2S Module and Analog Board version 1.1 by Qnktc in Italy for 80 euro + 7 euro for the shipping.

like this: Q N K T C USB-I2S Module and Analog Board 1.1
Old 6th April 2012, 06:29 AM   #1443
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I have uploaded new AWSetup for Windows and audio-widget-nik firmware (you MUST use both latest), both from Nikolay:

widget.elf - sdr-widget - audio-widget-nik firmware for the new AWSetup for uac1<-->uac2 - Audio and Control Interface for Amateur Radio SDR and Audiophile USB-DAC - Google Project Hosting

AWSetup.exe - sdr-widget - Windows Setup for Nikolay's ASIO UAC2 driver for audio-widgets. You need to use the latest audio-widget firmware for this to work. This will enumerate as "ordinary" sound device under uac1 so all Windows programs can playba

These are for Windows users of audio-widgets so that you can change mode from uac2 <---> uac1 easily. Either with WidgetControl.exe program from the AWSetup, or by button presses on the audio-widget.

When the audio-widget is in uac1 mode, the Windows default usbaudio driver will be used, and all common programs will play sound.

When the audio-widget is in uac2 mode, the Nikolay uac2 driver will be used, and you can playback up to 192/32 with ASIO capable software such as foobar2000 (with ASIO plugin) etc.

Alex
Old 12th April 2012, 08:46 PM   #1444
Turbon is offline Turbon  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Now, what's up gyus?

The darker explanations I'll keep to myself.

Brgds

Last edited by Turbon; 12th April 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 13th April 2012, 08:09 PM   #1445
diyAudio Member

Hi Turbon,

there's quite a bit going on, actually. I'm crossing fingers and toes hoping that there will be good quality modules and AB-1.12/.13 units arriving soon.

In the meantime I've been busy on the firmware side, trying to make things a bit more readable without messing up the good work of the original authors. I hope I ironed out more bugs than I introduced... FW discussions are mainly kept on the audio-widget mailing list.

There is a new system for compiling, see file make-widget in the audio-widget-experimental branch. Here is what I just wrote on the mailing list:

Hi guys,

I have done a few things to the firmware and Nikolay's WidgetControl.exe today. Please download and test from branch "audio-widget-experimental". My updates to WidgetControl.exe are in https://github.com/nikkov/Win-Widget branch "experimental". Compiled code is in the "WidgetControl_exe" folder in the firmware branch.

Here's what I did:

- dac features relating to es9023 and PCM5102 are replaced by
a common feature_dac_generic for all no-fuss I2S consumers

- #ifdef _LINUX_QUIRK is replaced by feature_lquirk which may
be set to lquirk_on or lquirk_off

- Add relevant WidgetControl.exe and test.ini to firmware branch
in WidgetControl_exe folder

- "reset=0" is now accepted from .ini file passed to
WidgetControl.exe

- All of this pushed to audio-widget-PCM5102

- New branch started from there: audio-widget-experimental

Here's where I'm asking you for some help:

- Port the changes to widget-control.c or WidgetControl.py

- Check if the new audio-widget-experimental is OK as a
development starting point

Here's a few wishes from me:

- Can we soon phase out audio-widget-nik and
audio-widget-PCM5102?

- I hope audio-widget-experimental proves stable and may be
merged with audio-widget and eventually master

Cheers,
BÝrge
Old 20th April 2012, 09:08 AM   #1446
diyAudio Member

Default Firmware update

Just posted on audio-widget@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

I just uploaded the latest audio-widget-experimental build at audio-widget-experimental-20120420.zip - sdr-widget - Experimental branch and WidgetControl for Windows 20120420 - Audio and Control Interface for Amateur Radio SDR and Audiophile USB-DAC - Google Project Hosting

Please check if this works, and the one .elf file behaves like expected with the Linux Quirk. I'm not able to test that myself.

The package holds the latest build (cygwin, toolchain 2.7, win7-64) of audio-widget-experimental branch. Most important changes are build process and the "quirks" feature. quirk_linux is set to replace LINUX_QUIRK. quirk_ptest will be used for special requirements during production test.

An accompanying build of the Win-Widget experimental branch is included.

Both experimental branches are updated in github. NB: Other versions of WidgetControl (.py and .c) have not been updated to support the new features.

How to test:
1) Install Nikolay's drivers from AWSetup.exe
2) Replace WidgetControl.exe witht he one from this archive
3) Reprogram Audio-Widget with the .elf file
4) Run "WidgetControl.exe" for GUI or "WidgetControl.exe test.ini"

BÝrge
Old 20th April 2012, 11:35 AM   #1447
diyAudio Member

Default Boards update

Finally, something's happening with the new boards!

Here are recent pictures of the newest incarnation of the USB-I2S module and of the AB-1.12 / AB-1.13 prototype boards.

The USB-I2S module still isn't 100% tested... Cross your fingers for a good result.

As soon as the boards get to Norway and I have inspected them, I will open up for orders and payment.

Cheers,
BÝrge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC14229.JPG (158.9 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14222.JPG (171.2 KB, 190 views)
Old 20th April 2012, 11:39 AM   #1448
diyAudio Member

Default DAC in AB-1.2

The AB-1.1 complete tested DAC has been sold out for some time now, and I plan to get a new batch of AB-1.2 tested+boxed complete DACs. The new batch will look very much like the AB-1.1 with easy modding. It'll be a bit lighter so that shipping will be much lower.

QUESTION: Which DAC should I use for the AB-1.2? The choice is between ES9023 (from AB-1.1), PCM5102 and AK4430. The latter two can be tested on the AB-1.12 and AB-1.13, respectively. (The ES9012/18 will not be put into the AB-1.2. Too much development work remains for that to happen.)

Cheers,
BÝrge
Old 20th April 2012, 01:36 PM   #1449
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

What About WM8741 with I2C control ?
Old 20th April 2012, 03:03 PM   #1450
diyAudio Member

yes, the better wolfson is MUCH more befitting of a high end effort.

I never understood the idea of using a dollar-dac (so to speak) in this project!

those of us who want i2s or spdif are happy no matter what (lol) but if you put a dac there, why bother unless its at least a non-junker?

the 5102 and the lower end ESS are junk. mp3 player and cellphone quality chips as I understand their market.

Hide this!Advertise here!