Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2011, 03:59 PM   #91
diyAudio Member

That is great news.

I guess this shows my limited understanding of how the drivers control the audio output but under Windows 7 I was under the assumption that if you want to use ASIO output (or some other bit perfect output) you're limited to the certain programs set up to use that output - like foobar etc. So that if you're streaming music through a web browser you're not outputing a bit perfect signal.

Under android would every program (including streaming through the browser) be using the better quality output?
Old 16th June 2011, 12:00 PM   #92
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to UnixMan
A limitation under a particular platform (like windoze) is NOT necessarily a limitation on any platform!

Android is based on Linux, NOT windows! It's a whole different thing.
Old 17th June 2011, 04:42 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Understood - just wasn't sure how the Android OS dealt with the drivers. That is great news then and seems to be a huge advantage over some of the USB-I2S modules using proprietary drivers.

If I can simply plug in my phone or honeycomb tablet and play from various internet sources through the browser and output them over asynchronous USB to a dac that's a perfect living room/ lounging set-up.
Old 19th June 2011, 04:11 AM   #94
nikkov is offline nikkov  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlee188 View Post
Hi,

Under windows with the unified firmware, uac1 is not bit perfect yet (work in progress).

The windows uac2 driver is still experimental, not signed, tested with win7 32 bits only and not ready for public release.

PM me (alexlee188 att gmail dott com) if u would like to join the development team.

Alex
Hi Alex!

I just received, assembled and tested USB9023 with current firmware. UAC1 (from audio-widget-win branch) is work, but C_media win7 uac2 driver isn't work on WinXP. After driver installation I get message that driver not working properly. Someone tested this driver on WinXP?

George many thanks for your kit!

Nikolay
Old 19th June 2011, 04:14 AM   #95
diyAudio Member

Hi Nikolay,

Experimental driver is only for win7 32 bits. NOT for WinXP.

Alex
Old 19th June 2011, 07:44 PM   #96
2A3SET is offline 2A3SET  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi John,

I still prefer the minimalist player over pureplayer you recommended, I cannot use WASAPI for pureplayer maybe that's a reason, meantime I had the windows 7 optimized by fidelizer (audiophile setting).

[QUOTE=jkeny;2601445]What is the minimalist(andy) audio player?
Old 19th June 2011, 10:20 PM   #97
jkeny is offline jkeny  Ireland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2A3SET View Post
Hi John,

I still prefer the minimalist player over pureplayer you recommended, I cannot use WASAPI for pureplayer maybe that's a reason, meantime I had the windows 7 optimized by fidelizer (audiophile setting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
What is the minimalist(andy) audio player?
Yes, it sounds better when using Wasapi
Old 22nd June 2011, 02:03 PM   #98
tdtsai is offline tdtsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

If you want to use ASIO interface you can use ASIO4ALL then you can have ASIO for pureplayber.

[QUOTE=2A3SET;2611854]Hi John,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
What is the minimalist(andy) audio player?
Old 22nd June 2011, 02:13 PM   #99
tdtsai is offline tdtsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

This driver is still under develop and own by C-Media Inc. Please note this driver is only release to Alex for firmware test purpose. This driver not support Windows XP. Windows XP need other version driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkov View Post
Hi Alex!

I just received, assembled and tested USB9023 with current firmware. UAC1 (from audio-widget-win branch) is work, but C_media win7 uac2 driver isn't work on WinXP. After driver installation I get message that driver not working properly. Someone tested this driver on WinXP?

George many thanks for your kit!

Nikolay
Old 22nd June 2011, 05:17 PM   #100
2A3SET is offline 2A3SET  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Power consumption for Audio-Widget

Total around 220ma power from USB, HD600 headset direct connected playing 24/192k music.

MCU 115ma
XO+FF 75ma
ES9023 30ma

Last edited by 2A3SET; 22nd June 2011 at 05:25 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!