black diamond racing cones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello, One week ago i did replace the Seismic Sink under my Rega Jupiter cd-transport by Black diamond racing cones. What is the best way to attach these cones to the Rega. Anyone else did make the same change. I like to see my ideas confirmed. I think that with another transport or complete cd-player the differences will be comparable. Thanks, Ed

I am using them to support my dvd player. I do not know what your cd player's weight distribution is and how many cones you want to use. I am using three and I make sure there is one directly under the axis of the CD tray, and two other cones at the back of the dvd player. Or just try different positions and listen for it.
Hope this helps,
Chris

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Yes, I did put one right under the axis of the transport and also did put a clipbag filled with lead on top of the transport. I know because of differences in time between the continents it may take some time for reactions to pop up but we will wait and see. Thanks, Ed

Hi Frank,

The cones are just for vibration coupling, just like putting the speakers on spikes.

Chris

Ed,

I wrapped a piece of 20 pound garden cement block with a matt on top of the dvd player. IME, I found that when the block covered the entire surface of the dvd player is better than a smaller piece on only a section of the top cover. The matt that I used to wrap around the block a couple of times is one of those non-slip matt that are used on the dashboard of cars for sunglasses etc... So that the block would not scrath the top surface and adhere to it better with more even weight distribution.
P.S. I also used 3 cones for the MSB Link Dac
Cheers.

PS.II Your transport is a top loader I think... mmuhmm

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

The cones are just for vibration coupling, just like putting the speakers on spikes.

Thanx, Chris...found their stuff on the web.

They even have a record clamp in carbon fiber...I'll start writing Santa asap.;)

I wrapped a piece of 20 pound garden cement block with a matt on top of the dvd player.

Anyone tried a bag filled with leadshot yet?

BTW, that fancy speaker cabinet damping stuff usually works a treat on flimsy metal covers as well.

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.