Kenwood DP 2000 CD upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all ,

I've got this player recently and I must say I'm impressed with it.
The case is made of brushed aluminium, about 10kg total weight.
Critical vibration places are already damped, and I'm really happy with how it's made.

It's in perfectly good condition, plays and reads very well, even CDs with hard scratches.

I want to get the maximum out of it and obviously need you're help :)

From where to start? What to do ?

I'm finishing Aleph P1.7 and Aleph 5 so It would be nice to have a CD player with balanced output too....

Pictures, Service manual and some general spec will follow in a few minutes :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

KENWOOD DP-2000
COMPACT DISC PLAYER
In 1985, became a model, but 2000, DP-is considered a successor inherited the basic design ? 1100
DP-2000 has emerged. New, FIR (Finite Impulse Responce) type digital filter with
The transformer and two power supply had been significantly enhanced to the power supply 11 high-capacity multi-winding 4. Pickup
Of the group had become a thing of the newly developed 3-beam system from that of a beam system.
The disk drive unit, the absorption system was installed in the new eccentricity. This is a ring-shaped Disukukuranpa
Magnets are arranged, taking the level of wearing a uniform disk with a disk around the center shaft machined brass
Adopted with the center guide of the tapered shape, the center guide to the ups and downs with the structure by a spring
Rotation was reduced by the blurring of differences in the size of the hole from the center.
The positive phase at the stage of the digital data output can be switched and reversed phase "Inbatosuitchi" now being installed
Was. Anti-vibration in the housing is made, reinforced insulator, a bottom plate 2.9mm, top plate, side plates 3.0mm thick plate
Reinforced structure was taken using a vibration-proof material.
Greatly improved as my brother or machines and DP-2000 DP-1000 (Y 69,800) CD player with good sound
Gained a reputation as —.

SPECIFICATIONS

Optical reading system (compact system)
Type 3 beam semiconductor laser pickup system
Rotational speed 200 ~ 500rpm, linear speed 1.2 ~ 1.4m / s
CIRC2 error correction scheme dual error correction method
Number of Channels 2 channel stereo
Sampling frequency of 44.1kHz
Bit depth 16bit linear
96dB dynamic range
SN ratio 97dB
2Hz ~ 20kHz ± 0.5dB frequency response
Total harmonic distortion 0.001% (1kHz)
Channel Separation 96dB (1kHz)
Wow and flutter below the detection limit
Terminal output 2V (0dB)
Headphone 32mWMAX/32?
Search by 10KEY T No. / INDEX SEARCH
UP / DOWN KEY of song selection jump
Manual search of FF · BWD KEY (queuing)
16 random songs available memory
Display T No. / INDEX No. / Memory state display the cumulative time over the remaining
Other features reserve features, functions invert, the sub-code output terminal
20W power consumption
Maximum Dimensions 440W × 95H × 313Dmm
Weight 9.1kg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.