CAL Tempest 2 cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a California Audiolabs Tempest 2 cd player that has a blown transformer on the valve output side, i have contacted these people 3 times now, first they said they would have look, i reminded them about 2 months later, still not bothered looking and the third time well they havn't bothered to respond at all, idealy i would like to convert it to 240 volts which means both the transformers would need changing but it's not essential to go 240v , does anyone know what spec they should be and point me to a supplier has them

Thanks

Jon

I have a service manual for this player, and while it's not great, I hope it will be enough. I've attached what it has to say about the transformer, PM me with an email address if you want the rest of the manual.

Attachments

• CAL T2.jpg
    CAL T2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 277
In the estate of my friend is a California Audito Labs Tempest II. I don't know its power supply voltage, 110v or 240V. There are no label on rear back. I plug in 110V. An error message came out from the front panel. Are there any method to test if it needs 240V? Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.