marantz cd 73

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
the tray mechanism loads ok (lens is clean)
press play,the laser led lights the disc spins briefly before stopping, laser led switches off and the optics continue trying to focus.

its the slide out type mech, is the laser u/s ? and if it is am i doomed to find a spare???????????

any input would be much appreciated as its a gorgeous cd player and i dont want to scrap it .

cheers c.a

It's unlikely to be the laser.
They are very long-lasting.

There are quite a few threads covering this model or the Philips cd303 (same thing). Have you checked to see if the fault has been described before ?

Have you run the diagnostics?

Andy

Last edited:
marantz no go

hi poynton
thanks for swift input , i have no manual or service manual for cd73, i started to download a service manual but realised it was in german and being idle, couldnt be bothered to translate it.

any body out there got a manual for download ?please
how do the diagnostics work ? i notice there is a reset button on the small vertical mounted board on the opposite end to the mech.

cheers audiohelpers
:scratch: c.a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.