Marantz CD6002 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys. New here and hoping to get some answers to a problem I'm having with my Marantz CD6002.

I had an issue where, on inserting a disc, 'TOC reading' would appear on the display but nothing would happen, until a while later I would get an 'Error' message.

I opened the unit up and nothing was happening atall. Although different from the usual no disc error, I suspected the mechanism was at fault, so replaced the whole unit with a KSM213CCM mechanism with a brand new one off ebay. I removed the solder blob from the pickup and on the first try everything was fine.

However, after this, when inserting a disc, the CD tries to spin, but refuses to, and I get the same 'TOC reading' and then 'Error' displays. However, unlike before, if I nudge the CD by hand, it will spin, read the TOC and play, pause, skip etc perfectly fine.

Has anyone any suggestions as I dont fancy having to remove the case and nudge the CD everytime I want to listen to one!!

Any answers greatly appreciated!!

Aled

Assuming the new platter motor is not marginal(worth a try to give it a shot of silicone spray lubricant, in any case), you probably don't have a solid +8V power supply to the TA2125 chip(pins 23,14 & 2). Check for 8V dc & then check it has less than 0.5V ac ripple. If not, you likely have electrolytic caps going south in the supply.

hey i am also facing same problem. done everything like replacing cd mechanism and optical lens also but to no avail. on following stephensank advice i also changed capacitor c356 (i.e 256 Uf, 16 v) but still no difference. are u able to find solution to your problem . pl advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.