PD-S802 Modifying....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just picked-up PD-S802 stable platter player in as new condition. I have read previous posts about mods but last post was about year 2005 or so.
Now that more time has passed and many parts for mods have maybe become cheaper/better & more members have maybe experimented with various mods etc, I would like to hear of the more recent improvements members have achieved with the PD-S802.Thanks

I have modified a PD-S802, PD-S505, PD-S707 and a PD-S06.
Cd-drive is world-class, DAC is great, so focus on analogue part and powers supply.

The prioritized list of biggest improvements in my opinion:
1) Parallel output caps with filmtype ( MKP, MKT, polypropylene)
2) Remove mute-transistor
3) Increase value of supply-decoupling capacitors close to DAC chip
4) Change opamps to better types ( observe feedback compensation - check for oscillations and nice squarewaves with an oscilloscope)

Enjoy a CD-player that is impossible to wear out, and with a sound that will beat your friends 7000$ players

Nrik and Stephensank thanks for replies.
I can snip and good at micro-soldering. I have a schematic diagram from hfengine BUT..... limited understanding of what part is what example:
How do I parallel film caps across other electrolytic caps? What would values of film caps be?
Which are the supply decoupling caps?
If I know which are which I can do the job.
Hey can u tell me part id number of the muting transistor?
I know lots of questions here but I really would like to do the improvements and not stuff-up the player. Hope u guys can help me. Would appreciate it :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.