Marantz CD6000OSE - analog outputs distorts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The muting transistors would affect analog RCA output section but not the headphone section. The muting circuit (transistors) are used at both outputs, but are different sets - not the same...If both RCA and headphone out exhibits the same symptoms I would look at:

1. +12 and -12 regulation for analog stage.
2. If above is okay -> analog out from the DAC (with CRO and test disk)... and then go either towards SAA7372 chip (if signal looks distorted), or towards analog filter / buffer if the signal looks good.

There's interface chip between SAA and DAC's... that one has clock out signal on pin 30; make sure it is a clean signal at correct frequency if the analog-out from DAC’s looks distorted…

I presume you have the User Manual?

It is easy to record 10kHz signal on a CD if you have a tone generator and digital interface card with CD burner… you don’t need expensive CD Test Disks…

Boky
PS Good luck!

I wouldn't rule out muting transistors. It is not very rare to have all four(phone & main out) of the terrible 2SC2878 xstors usually used to go bad all at the same time. Seems some batches of these are much shorter life than others. I always replace either with 2SK117/170 jfets or with flipped(emitter to ground) 2SC2240 and never have the fault happen ever again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.