CDM4 / starting to show trouble ejecting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone,

I have a CDP with a CDM4. Recently the door has started showing problems not wanting to fully eject without human intervention. How should I go about fixing it? Is it just greasing the gears or are there other areas I should look at? Also, if it is the gears what grease would you recommend? Thanks.

Which model of CD player do you have? There are about four or five loader mechanisms that were used with CDM-4 based players, so what is likely wrong depends on the player.

If it is only struggling on the end of its stroke, then it's probably a worn drive belt. A worn drive gear usually results in difficulty and/or shuddering throughout the stroke.

I've got a tonne of spare parts for these players, if you let me know the model I can send you out a replacement part for the cost of postage.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.