Problem with connecting PCM2707 to USb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have rigged up a circuit which is used for USB to I2s conversion..
I am using PCM2707 IC from Texas instruments...

And i have attached the schematic of my board also.. I am facing problems in making it recognized , meant to say that when i connect the PCB onto USB port.. A message pops up on windows saying USB not recognized...:headbash:

I dont know what fault is in my Schematic.. I cross checked the wiring , the components many times .. but didn't find any mistakes..:confused:

Can anyone please guide me in getting the work done...

Thank you,
Kitty

Attachments

• USB TO I2S final IP.JPG
    USB TO I2S final IP.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 298
Yes, i mean if the 12MHz oscillates. The 1M ohm resistor and ~27pF capacitors are critical, the chip will not work without them, even if you see oscillation. Show us a photo of your PCB, maybe we can spot something.

I am onto it as a prototype , so my PCB is still on its way... i have a not so good picture of it , but i don think you will be able to track the lines and all sorry....

Attachments

• 14012011001.jpg
    14012011001.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 236
Successsssss!!!!!!!!!!!

I am able to get the PCM detected..

All the pull ups which were given to 5V were given to 3.3V.. I used a 5 to 3.3V regulator and it worked...

It detects as an USB Audio device...

This comes up in the Control Panel => Sounds and devices..

But when i connect my I2S output lines to a Transmitter which has the I2S inputs m not able to receive any audio...

Is there anyway i can verify that audio is been streamed through PCM???

What exactly is this 'transmitter' you are using ?
I cant name it but it has I2S , analog and SPDIF inputs.. Atleast i i can verify that the analog out is working then it would be fine i think..

But you might want to test if your chip's analog outputs are working.
Yes i want to do this , what all changes should i make... is only VoutR and VoutL enough??? should i pull up all the Vcc R,L,P to 3.3V???

When i connect my module to USB port , it is detected as a USB Audio device and falls under " Sound, video and game controllers " in the device manager..

I checked the Frequency on I2S lines ,

SCLK = 12.20 to 12.31 MHz
LRCLK = 48 KHz
Bit CLK = 2.8 MHz

Is there anywhere i am wrong , please do correct me...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.