Multichannel DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There really isn't much info on the XR25 out there - it's mostly fluffy marketing lit. The best info is actually here - check the 'digital amp' topic. Brian Brown(?) is disecting the XR10, which is the predecessor to the XR25. Info on the TI chips in question is here:

http://focus.ti.com/docs/search/par...lateId=5275&showAssociated=false&familyId=519

I'm going to try to get the service manual for the XR25. I opened mine up last night, and it's a bit intimidating - while pretty 'minimalist' in some senses, the main boards are very densely packed with small SMT chips. Certain mods will definately be very delicate. It looks to my untrained eye that the I2S lines into the amps might be pretty easily accessable, but I'm guessing on that.

Yeah I've been looking at building some of those TI TDAAs (true digital audio amplifiers) for some time now. Since it looks a little tricky I'm first building a Tripath class-D amp to get a feel for digital amps before I get my hands dirty with the heap of TI samples lying on my desk. The goal is to build a whole "DACless" all-digital system, using TI's TAS3103s for digital crossovers along with the equibit amps (one amp per speaker driver).

Anyways, incase you were wondering I'm making a whole lot of progress on the DAC front, especially since I've discovered that I also have need for one. The PCB layout should be finished by the end of this coming week and the prototype PCB itself should be done within a week from then.

Cheers for now.

DJ

Sadly for you, but luckily for me, I'm having my boards made free of charge using VERY sneaky methods. Nothing illegal though! But this means I can only make one or two. I'll give you the PCB-layout when I'm done so you can have your own boards made though.

I really hope to be done with the layout by Friday, otherwise it will definitely be done on Monday.

Cheers

DJ

Project status update

The PCB layout is complete and I hope to have the prototype board made by the end of the week. I will then assemble the prototype during the following week so I can start testing ASAP.

As soon as I'm happy that the DAC works I'll release the PCB layout etc for you guys to build your own ones.

Have a nice week.

DJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.