Will wireless USB hub lower the quality of my USB sound card output?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will wireless USB hub lower the quality of my USB sound card output?

This is the USB hub i had my eye on:
NEW Belkin High Speed Wireless USB Hub F5U301 - eBay (item 390276127670 end time Jan-05-11 19:08:36 PST)

and this is my sound card:
AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card - eBay (item 110624971376 end time Jan-13-11 17:07:11 PST)

I figured, since the signal is transmitted by wireless before it gets
processed in the sound card, then i will not lower the quality.

That's when you guys come in...

Because different kinds of data use different kinds of USB protocols. A printer will use bulk mode, a USB audio device isochronous adaptative. One can only guess that the chip inside don't support all the USB protocols.

If you look at the reviews of those devices on Amazon or on the web, you'll see that people cannot get them to work with USB soundcards or speakers. See for example: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Wireless-USB-Hub-F5U303/dp/B000WM5HUO

And Belkin's competitors (Iogear) do actually state that their hub doesn't support USB audio speakers ( IOGEAR - GUWH104KIT - Wireless USB Hub and Adapter )

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.