Cambridge CD2 manuals, schematics & mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To buy diagram hard to CD2 . I am CD2 in track of repair.
Mechanism and electronic engineer CDM2/29 will be exchanged .
Clock will be new and TDA 1541 replace will become TDA1541A/S1 of 4 art .
Operating amplifiers will become put new.
Which I do not know still , I begin projectjust.
I can look and to say how to connect clock in cd 2

Greg

http://www.gregaudio.republika.pl/greg.htm

Attachments

• img_0337.jpg
    img_0337.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,088
Instruction how to put clock .
Clock 11,2896 Mhz.
To remove quartz 11,2896 and two ceramic .
Hot line of clock to connect resonator leg from front side instead of ; in the place .
Ground to connect instead of ; in the place ceramic theses closest front side

Attachments

• img_0395.jpg
    img_0395.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 952
Cambridge CD2 Manual

Unfortunately the manual does not contain a schematic.

It did come with a loose page decribing the display switching problem. That is, to many commands to quickly.

Display can be reset by pressing play and stop in quick succession.

Here with our MEN mains system it has been the practice to lift the mains earth connection to break an earth loop otherwise you can hear the hum continually.

Bert

cd2 manual

Hi Bert.
Is there any chance I could have a copy of the manual,or did you put it on this site?
Some of the functions on my unit are a bit suspect and it may clear up some of the doubt,such as when I press the standby button,the machine still keeps playing!
Best regards,
Simon.

Dutchaussie - I would certainly welcome a copy of the manual as well, pleeeeease!
Please send me a pm for my email address.

Simon,

Not sure if you solved your noise problem on the other thread. One of my CD2s had a dry joint under the main digital supply electrolytic (the largest one) - give it a gentle wiggle to see if this is the problem.

Cheers,

Dave

Not sure if you solved your noise problem on the other thread. One of my CD2s had a dry joint under the main digital supply electrolytic (the largest one) - give it a gentle wiggle to see if this is the problem

I had an original fault on this player which was a mains hum.As result of finding the fault(a bad cap),I thoroughly checked all connections and they seemed fine.
But I understand what you mean and have just done it all again,but no luck.Thank's anyway.

I'm going to ammend my original thread as I don't want to take over this one,so please check it out.
Cheers for now,
Simon.

soooooooooooooo
after going through the various threads regarding the cambridge cd 2 and the talk of people that had sevice manuals for this player...
has anyone actully got one? and more to the point going to share it?
incase you havent guessed,i desperate to get hold of one,so any help guys...
all the best
smithie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.