Cheap CD / DVD player that Sounds Good...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was given a very cheap CyberHome CH DVD-500 player a few years back. Since it played audio CDs, I kept it for that purpose. I used it for quite some time and eventually took it to the office when I got "better" CD players at home.

The other day, I cleaned up my office and brought it home to part out and recycle. My coworker said, why don't you clean it up and use it? So I did. For kicks, I put it up against my "better" players and found it to be clearly better sounding in all respects in an A/B comparison. It has a nice Cirrus Logic 98100 video processor.

Given that these hardly fetch $20 on eBay:

1. Can somebody try one and tell me if I am crazy or not
2. List your cheap DVD / CD player that sounds surprisingly good discovery

Your picture/s welcomed too.

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    530.7 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 102
I have some pics on my blog - a $15 (new) DVD player that sounds fairly decent (I wouldn't go as far as saying it sounds good) after some very inexpensive mods. Factor in the low price and yes, it sounds surprisingly good for the money. It uses a fully integrated MediaTek chip with on-board DACs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.