SCSI CDROM(CDRW) controller for Plextor - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th December 2010, 06:55 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default SCSI CDROM(CDRW) controller for Plextor

Plextor CDRW 124TS and 1210TS both have spdif-out and with great digital sound, the only problem is no remote control, finally, the controller came out last week on Taobao(Chinese eBay), I've bought it immediately, it's very useful.

Acturally, I think it can control any SCSI cdrom, for example Teac-532S, but most of the SCSI cdrom(CDRW) don't have spdif-out, so it will be great if anyone can modify those cdrom and make it has spdif-out.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:31 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

where I can order service manuals (or at least schematics) about this model and other SCSI models?
If I have this, I can use a PCF2705 (S/P-DIF transmitter) for create a DOBM connector.
Still to get about ebay item No 110225615404

What are the advantages for an SCSI unit instead IDE unit by external using?
(SCSI = Small Computer System Interface, IDE = integrated development environment)

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 22nd December 2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 23rd December 2010, 05:40 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I don't think there is a menu for this cheap controller, but you still can ask the designer via email : gzsqhuang@163.com

For using as a CDROM transport, there should be nothing to do with SCSI or IDE, but the msrp of SCSI unit is much higher than IDE, which it means SCSI unit has better design and component, I have compare the digital sound quality of different model CDROM(CDRW), SCSI and IDE, Plextor 1210TS and 124TS is the best.

The IDE CDROM(CDRW) I have compared with 1210TS and 124S are : Sony-52X' Benq-52x' Asus-52x' Teac-540E' Pioneer-32x' Afreey-50x' Plextor-1210TA' Plextor-1610TA
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:24 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery8341 View Post
I don't think there is a menu for this cheap controller, but you still can ask the designer via email : gzsqhuang@163.com

For using as a CDROM transport, there should be nothing to do with SCSI or IDE, but the msrp of SCSI unit is much higher than IDE, which it means SCSI unit has better design and component, I have compare the digital sound quality of different model CDROM(CDRW), SCSI and IDE, Plextor 1210TS and 124TS is the best.

The IDE CDROM(CDRW) I have compared with 1210TS and 124S are : Sony-52X' Benq-52x' Asus-52x' Teac-540E' Pioneer-32x' Afreey-50x' Plextor-1210TA' Plextor-1610TA
Thank you for your reporting about the differences and the e-mail address - I will ask there.

Now an "Off-Topic" Question:
I am looking for the successor type of Sharp's hologram laser diode LTOH30PA (LT0H30PA), inside by CDM12.1/CDM12.4 and VAM1252/VAU1254 laser heads.
Perhaps about follow forums there are informations about this:
http://www.cndiyclub.com/bbs/read.php?tid=14464
图解CDpro以及CDM12系列激光头中的全息激光管 中国DIY俱乐部
DIYPlus • ???? - CDPRO2-LF????-Part2
Unfortunately I get too much losses by "Google" translation.
Perhaps you can read informations about the company of successor diode models from currently production.

Additional informations and photos here on diyaudio you will find about the two follow threads, I have started some months ago:
Stripdown/Clean of CDM12.4
and
new Brand of Hologram Laser (LDGU) LT0H30PA inside by Philips CDM12 and VAM12 mech

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 23rd December 2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 24th December 2010, 06:44 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

2 of Those 3 forums are from China, another one is from Taiwan, sorry I am not interesting to read it, but you can trust me, Plextor 1210TS/124TS is better than CDPRO and 2nd price is very cheap in Taobao.

My advice is email to the seller(designer) of the cdrom controller, buy the controller and ask him to buy 1210TS for you, of course, you need to pay first, and let him ship all items to you, in order to save the shipping cost.

Hide this!Advertise here!