Info on Tenor TE7022?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I was looking on the net for some info about the TE7022 such as datasheet (mostly) and pricing.

Couldn't find any relevant info, although many products use that chip.

Is Tenor still alive?
Can anyone post the datasheet here?
(are these stupid questions? :) )

Cheers,

chaparK

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
TE7022L is adaptive, not asynchronous.. (Think jitter) Getting drivers for class 2 USB is going to be a problem. I would look at an xmos solution - they have dev boards, software and can provide a proper USB asynchronous driver for it.

Galaxy Far East Corp is not particularly diy friendly, nor frankly are their ASIO drivers particularly good in my opinion. (I have a dac that uses this device in addition to Stello U3 xmos based asychronous USB to spdif driving my good dac.)

There are threads here based on the xmos chipset.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You mean the TE8802L. There are a couple of issues with the operation of that chip on some operating systems and micro processors.

Actually I don't.. The dac I am talking about has a TE7022L in it plain as day, and it has the issues I mentioned in my post both in Win7 and XP OS. I've had it apart repeatedly for unrelated mods and have a close friend who has one as well with exactly the same chip & problems.

A bit of cross talk here:). I was replying to post #10.

But as to your own comments about jitter: in USB it is only an issue if you are going from the USB into the DAC chip via I2S. If you are going into a receiver chip like say the WM8804 or CS8416 the data is reclocked and jitter correction implemented. Async is fully dependent on an I2S connection before it can surpass adaptive USB. When a receiver IC is used however between the USB input and the DAC chip, both USB methods produce the same end result. USB to SPDIF adapters that use async are therefore of questionable improvement.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Probably good to quote a small part of the post you are responding to so it's clear.. :D

Good point if you go through a good spdif receiver like the Wolfson or BB, but even so I found the xmos set up to sound (totally subjective I know) significantly better than my various other interfaces which are either m-audio soundcard or adaptive usb, all into a WM8804 spdif receiver.. Not really entirely sure why that would be and I don't have the test equipment to do a deep dive on this question - so it's anecdotal based on observation, and given what mu Stello U3 cost I would have to admit there might possibly be an unconscious (not deliberate) expectation bias at play as well. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.