Info on Tenor TE7022?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Leolab.

I have two Japanese made 12mhz osc, one is 1.8v and the other is 5v. They looks good. I need to check if the 5v is compatible with 3.3v or not. But I suspect changing this crystal to a good osc will only bring minor improvement as the word clock is still derived from USB data.

In the case, if anyone interested, I've did a quick compare of jitter between TE7022 (MCLK), PLL1708(O2) and mid quality 10 MHz OCXO. Measurements were done using GDS-2202 scope in the 25GS/s mode. Data for each measurement was collected for about 5 minutes to get reasonable number of samples, then post processed and normalized. On the picture below, one 'll find this data represented in the graphical form - the X axis contains signal slope offset deviation in picoseconds, and the Y axis shows normalized quantity of corresponding distribution. OCXO measurements were included merely for compare.

It is clear, that TE7022 have slightly higher MCLK jitter on I2S than PLL1708, and some ears may call for an additional PLL. It is also confirmed, that PLL1708 are the perfect clock source with low jitter (this board doesn't use internal 27MHz oscillator).

Please note, that absolute values do not represent actual jitter and displayed only to simplify readings.

attachment.php

Attachments

• jitter1722.png
    jitter1722.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 545
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.