Info on Tenor TE7022? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2012, 11:53 PM   #11
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

TE7022L is adaptive, not asynchronous.. (Think jitter) Getting drivers for class 2 USB is going to be a problem. I would look at an xmos solution - they have dev boards, software and can provide a proper USB asynchronous driver for it.

Galaxy Far East Corp is not particularly diy friendly, nor frankly are their ASIO drivers particularly good in my opinion. (I have a dac that uses this device in addition to Stello U3 xmos based asychronous USB to spdif driving my good dac.)

There are threads here based on the xmos chipset.
Old 28th July 2012, 11:06 AM   #12
Stanga is offline Stanga  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You mean the TE8802L. There are a couple of issues with the operation of that chip on some operating systems and micro processors.
Old 29th July 2012, 04:40 AM   #13
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanga View Post
You mean the TE8802L. There are a couple of issues with the operation of that chip on some operating systems and micro processors.
Actually I don't.. The dac I am talking about has a TE7022L in it plain as day, and it has the issues I mentioned in my post both in Win7 and XP OS. I've had it apart repeatedly for unrelated mods and have a close friend who has one as well with exactly the same chip & problems.
Old 29th July 2012, 09:01 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

A bit of cross talk here. I was replying to post #10.

But as to your own comments about jitter: in USB it is only an issue if you are going from the USB into the DAC chip via I2S. If you are going into a receiver chip like say the WM8804 or CS8416 the data is reclocked and jitter correction implemented. Async is fully dependent on an I2S connection before it can surpass adaptive USB. When a receiver IC is used however between the USB input and the DAC chip, both USB methods produce the same end result. USB to SPDIF adapters that use async are therefore of questionable improvement.

Last edited by Stanga; 29th July 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 29th July 2012, 03:31 PM   #15
diyAudio Moderator

Probably good to quote a small part of the post you are responding to so it's clear..

Good point if you go through a good spdif receiver like the Wolfson or BB, but even so I found the xmos set up to sound (totally subjective I know) significantly better than my various other interfaces which are either m-audio soundcard or adaptive usb, all into a WM8804 spdif receiver.. Not really entirely sure why that would be and I don't have the test equipment to do a deep dive on this question - so it's anecdotal based on observation, and given what mu Stello U3 cost I would have to admit there might possibly be an unconscious (not deliberate) expectation bias at play as well.
Old 8th September 2012, 08:23 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know what the Master/Slave select function is for on the TE7022? I have seen it on the datasheet but it is a complete mystery to me what it is for, and when it should be used.
Old 16th October 2012, 07:30 AM   #17
Leolabs is offline Leolabs  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Leolabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanga View Post
Does anyone know what the Master/Slave select function is for on the TE7022? I have seen it on the datasheet but it is a complete mystery to me what it is for, and when it should be used.
If not mistaken,it's related to the on-chip HID function...
Old 29th October 2012, 05:29 PM   #18
Dr_EM is offline Dr_EM  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

This is surely the easiest way to implement this device into a project:

24/96 TE7022L USB CARD for DAC5

Since the difficult soldering has been done and presumably the software is loaded. It's designed for a particular system (DAC5) as a daughter-board, but I assume it has pins on that header for USB in and S/PDIF outs?
Old 19th December 2012, 04:00 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to quantran Send a message via MSN to quantran Send a message via Yahoo to quantran
The product information sheet states that the core runs on 1.8v power. If i want to inject the clock signal from an osc, should it be 1.8v clock or 3.3v?
Old 20th December 2012, 12:31 AM   #20
Leolabs is offline Leolabs  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Leolabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantran View Post
The product information sheet states that the core runs on 1.8v power. If i want to inject the clock signal from an osc, should it be 1.8v clock or 3.3v?
3.3V

Hide this!Advertise here!