HELP: Coil for capacitorless cd players output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo everybody, first of all excuse me for my poor english :) .

I would remove capacitors from the output signal in my cd player.

Is it possible, in your opinion, use an induction coil beetween + and ground output, to erase the DC component?

Do you have idea about the sizing of the coil?

Thank you for your help

You can probably anwer your own question by a simple experiment. Load the output by a small variable resistor and see at what resistance value the offset is as low as you would want it to be. Then calculate a choke size which will not unduly load the output, ie have impedance above 10k or so @20Hz. Some output stages may be able to work well into lower loads but 10k seems like a fair average.

Even without doing the calcs i feel you won't be able to get a choke of sufficient inductance with low enough coil resistance.

No matter how big or small a coil used, if it is connected from output+ to ground, it will be a short circuit to any dc. So, if there is any dc offset on the output line, you will overheat the output stage circuit & possibly destroy it.
However, in most cd players, unless they run on a single V+ power supply, the output capacitors are not needed. All you need to do is measure the dc voltage at each capacitor pin while a cd is playing. If you see no more than 0.05V DC, then you can simply remove the capacitors & replace with wire jumpers. No other work needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.