Theta data Transport + PS audio reference link ls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, this is my first post. I was looking for someone that could give some advise. I just received a Theta data universal transport 2 and a ps audio reference link ls dac. It was a gift for employee of the month at my work. I'm sure my boss was cleaning out storage but I was in the market for a ld player.

Well I order a few laser discs so I can try out my player and noticed that it is having problems with the tray. It will either open 3/4 of the way or 1/4 of the way. Then when you press open again it will finish opening. It happens like this most of the time. And sometimes the tray will close by its self.

The next problem is that when the disc starts to load I hear noises from the drive. It will continue for about 30 seconds and then quits. The disc will then play or eject. If it will play than its fine for the first ten minutes but I can't stop, pause, for fast/rewind the disc. Or that same noise will start and the disc will eject out. But after the first ten minutes it will work most of the time.

The last problem with the ld problem is that when I watch movies I have vertical wavy lines. I have tried s-video and composite cables so I don't think its a cable issue.

Any advise is welcome. Extreme_Boky do you think what you said in your past thread will correct the problem? Here is the link to it

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/44211-help-please-theta-transport-problem.html

Thanks, also does anyone have any information on the ps audio dac. I search across the internet and it is

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.