HELP! Marantz cd65 MKII fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a super problem: my Marantz CD65 mkII, while adjusting the focus of the lens (trimmer 22k), has begun to smell of burning on the side of the trimmer (with a light smoke), but I did not understand where it came from. I changed the 22k trimmer but the result has not changed.

Now the lens is locked in one position (upper bound) and the laser does not emit more "light" ...

I thought I was a "burning" of the IC TDA5709 or TDA5708

Any ideas?

HELP!!! Thank you!

PCB :
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
I would not be wrong but I checked several times and all the resistance around the TCA0372DP2 have power equal to zero volts.

I also noticed that the heat TCA0372DP2 lot but I think it's normal.

I think the problem is in that area ...

I forgot to tell you that the lens is the philips CDM4/19.

Almost all the capacitors have become short-circuit (1ohm more or less). In the image I have marked almost all :)

The tension of the IC 6526 (Motorola) is less than 1 volt. Now, the lens does not receive any signal, as off. The IC 6526 does not heat anymore so I assume it's broken.

Now I try to replace the IC 6526 and all resistances damaged.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would look at the components around the laser drive transistor. The laser will be unable to focus if it hasn't got a supply.

Attachments

• Laser Drive.JPG
    Laser Drive.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.